Discuss Sigma 10 m 9 in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

DHTiling

I love my dewalt, I like the plunge feature most of all, makes non-straight cuts very accurate. You need to get this trade day organised so I can see what all the fuss is about!

Getting PHG to sort it is like pulling teeth .

cam_low

TF
Reaction score
Sigma had a trade night at tile depot but only for dry cutters not so long ago...

According to del all saws will be supplied with 86c blades from now. What a bloody difference mind. Stock blade wants binned forever lol

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
I would be interested in a trade eve to see and have a go depending on where it would be. I love my dewalt but i think mitre cuts would be easier on the Sigma. Don't know why just a feeling, not that the dewalt does them bad but sometimes the arm does get in the way.

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Can Sigma arrange a trade day.....complete with overnight accommodation for those of us that live a bit to far away. :thumbsup:

I have yet to see any Sigma in the raw :mad2:, let alone have a play.

I

Ian

I would be interested in a trade eve to see and have a go depending on where it would be. I love my dewalt but i think mitre cuts would be easier on the Sigma. Don't know why just a feeling, not that the dewalt does them bad but sometimes the arm does get in the way.

When you do mitre cuts, do you have the blade set at a fixed depth or plunge cut them gradually? If you use the plunge and slide it gives perfect results.

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
Yes i do them gradually Bri, like i said i'm not unhappy with the results, it may be just a bit of the grass is greener scenario, and be no better or worse, but if it is better............:thumbsup:

I

Ian

Yes i do them gradually Bri, like i said i'm not unhappy with the results, it may be just a bit of the grass is greener scenario, and be no better or worse, but if it is better............:thumbsup:

Yeah I hear you mate, there is definitely some wander with the dewalt porcelain blade, I'd say that's more to do with the blade rather than the saw. When I've plucked up enough courage I'm going to order a DNA and see if that makes a difference.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
The mitre cuts are easy and fast with no blade deflection as you are passing quite near to the centre mounting of the blade.
im going to make a bracket this week to mount a line laser, I know it seems over the top but with this saw i am struggling to line up the mark at the back of the tile. Straight edge works but a bit of a fiddle .

D

DHTiling

The mitre cuts are easy and fast with no blade deflection as you are passing quite near to the centre mounting of the blade.
im going to make a bracket this week to mount a line laser, I know it seems over the top but with this saw i am struggling to line up the mark at the back of the tile. Straight edge works but a bit of a fiddle .

Score the tile along the said point to point mark and follow that with your blade.... or use a china marker that does not wash off with the spray.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Score the tile along the said point to point mark and follow that with your blade.... or use a china marker that does not wash off with the spray.
Thanks Dave , the problem I'm having is finding a reference point on the cutter to line up with the mark.

stone tiler

TF
Arms
Reaction score
So guys whats your opinion on this ripping down 100mts of 1200 x 600 x 20mm limestone slabs to 1200 x 145 x 20mm? Is it going to cope and is it going to be easy/hassle free? The slabs are bloody heavy to move about. Am tempted now its in the for sale section!!

P

Peter

Used one on 600x600 20mm marble in the past with no problems. Saw was doing a lot of cutting per day for 6 weeks and even me as an apprentice couldn't break the tiles or stall the saw. :lol:

Reply to Sigma 10 m 9 in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
andymtl24
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks