Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Shower Tray Install On Timber Floor in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
apologies if this is in the wrong section.
When installing a resin/stone type shower tray, directly on a wooden floor, what do people use to keep it in place, https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive//sealant etc.
Might add that it will be sitting on green chipboard, and I can't raise it up due to restricted headroom.

OP
W

weirdfish

It's here, blimey it's heavy, ( it's 1700x800 ).
It's not flat on the underside, it's got ridges.
Is it best to use https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/, if so which one, remember this is going onto the green waterproof chipboard.

OP
W

weirdfish

The adhesives I have are, BAL single part fast flex, and rapid set flexible from topps tiles.
Which one would be better going on to the green chipboard, I'm hoping you will say the topps tiles one, it was a lot cheaper, lol.

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
The adhesives I have are, BAL single part fast flex, and rapid set flexible from topps tiles.
Which one would be better going on to the green chipboard, I'm hoping you will say the topps tiles one, it was a lot cheaper, lol.

The Topps will be fine imo, the fastflex is pricey isn't it :D

OP
W

weirdfish

Telling me it's pricey, but it was recommended for sticking travertine on to ply, ( please don't ask about the ply ).

OP
W

weirdfish

Not much to tell really, I asked about it in another post, basically I was advised not to stick tiles directly on to green chipboard, but can't afford to raise the floor by much, so thin ply seemed to be the answer, ( well screwed down of course ).

OP
S

StevieBoy

apologies if this is in the wrong section.
When installing a resin/stone type shower tray, directly on a wooden floor, what do people use to keep it in place, https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive//sealant etc.
Might add that it will be sitting on green chipboard, and I can't raise it up due to restricted headroom.
I'm no expert on shower tray installs, but where I have been working on a new build the plumbers were bedding the trays down onto a soft sand and cement mix.
Have to say when I tiled the room and obviously stood in the tray, I didn't notice any movement - so maybe that's the way to go.

OP
W

White Room

I'm no expert on shower tray installs, but where I have been working on a new build the plumbers were bedding the trays down onto a soft sand and cement mix.
Have to say when I tiled the room and obviously stood in the tray, I didn't notice any movement - so maybe that's the way to go.

Never understood that as it's so thin it loses any strength it has....

Reply to Shower Tray Install On Timber Floor in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock