Discuss Show us your mitres | mitred tiles in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

I

Ian

A thread for mitred corners
image.jpg

Feel free to add these to the Media in the Mitred Tiles category we created a bit ago too.

Mitred Tiles

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Quicker and easier than scribing internal corners Bri....

Q

Qwerty

I've tried to persuade my customers to mitre their metros but they always seem to decline! I will work harder to change their minds in the future as it looks so much nicer. One concern my customers always have is the finished mitred edge being sharp and/ or chipping easily. The glaze on some metros is awful

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
The traditional one above is a crackle glass metro. No chipping, any sharpness (which is rare) soon gets taken away with a few rubs of 120grit paper.

D

D man

What do you guys use to mitre porcelain? Tried it with porcelanosa tiles and they all chipped

P

p4ulo

Wow, mitred Metros.
I didn't even think you could....
as D man says, what tools???
I'm guessing a wet-saw with a very fine cut blade??

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
Wow, mitred Metros.
I didn't even think you could....
as D man says, what tools???
I'm guessing a wet-saw with a very fine cut blade??

All of them, with the exception of the white mini metros were done on my DeWalt DW2400 with the standard blade that came with it.

The mini whites were done on my Norton Clipper bridge with the "clipper classic" blade.

Both straight forward,basic ceramic blades.

The only key thing is not to pull through the cut at all. Bring the blade to it and just put your hand behind it literally to stop the rotation pushing the machine back. The blade does 100% of the work.

D

D man

Did this a year back with limestone and it was no probs but tried it with the porcelain and couldn't get a neat finish
image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Haha these are the time consumers Ali......

I go fully into the corner and then scribe the adjacent tile into it. So I use the wet cutter on the bevel at the angle of the bevel (if you get me) and then scribe and snap along the face between the two cuts.

And don't you just love siliconing the internal corners

Slide1.jpg

Reply to Show us your mitres | mitred tiles in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks