Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Should i fill out with addy in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

average

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
This week i am refitting a bathroom to a shower room, tile all walls and floor. When removing the tiles, the floor tiles where tiled ontop of floor tiles ontop of 3inch floor boards. Surprisingly the tiles that where tiled onto the boards where well stuck down compared to the tiles on tile. When removing tiles from the wall, one wall was filled out with bonding then skimmed on one side to level out. Maybe 1/2 inch on all one side, and when taking tiles off, most this came away aswell.

I know bathrooms/wet rooms that are getting tiled shouldnt really be bonded out like this so should i fill out with addy. If i do this, how thick can the addy go on? Another issue i have is when removing tiles from the old shower above bath, whoever installed it knocked a few holes to get pipes/cable up behind the wall then just tiled over. I have to tank this area but i want to know, can i tank over addy that hasnt fully dried out. Say if i fill with addy one day, can it be tanked the next.

L

LM

This week i am refitting a bathroom to a shower room, tile all walls and floor. When removing the tiles, the floor tiles where tiled ontop of floor tiles ontop of 3inch floor boards. Surprisingly the tiles that where tiled onto the boards where well stuck down compared to the tiles on tile. When removing tiles from the wall, one wall was filled out with bonding then skimmed on one side to level out. Maybe 1/2 inch on all one side, and when taking tiles off, most this came away aswell.

I know bathrooms/wet rooms that are getting tiled shouldnt really be bonded out like this so should i fill out with addy. If i do this, how thick can the addy go on? Another issue i have is when removing tiles from the old shower above bath, whoever installed it knocked a few holes to get pipes/cable up behind the wall then just tiled over. I have to tank this area but i want to know, can i tank over addy that hasnt fully dried out. Say if i fill with addy one day, can it be tanked the next.
Ardex AM 100 would solve your problem here.

Reply to Should i fill out with addy in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock