Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Sealing query in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

D

davidsmerv

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Guys, I'm currently doing a job for a customer with some Fired Earth metros with a crackled glaze. Question is do I need to seal them before grouting or after?? They are two tone with a pebble colour half way up the room and then white at the top, grout colour is going to be a silver grey. Just want to be sure but I suspect I might need to do it before grouting so theres no residue from the grout in the crackle of the glaze.................any suggestions or advice greatly appreciated. Thanks Mervyn

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
You will ideally seal them before and after, as above . After saturation/impregnating them , let it cure,min 12 -24 hrs before then testing the grout release/removal on a spare tile .

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
i think some can - we would not recomend with our products- the fired earth tiles state the lay and leave for seven days as the crackle is a release area for the moisture from the https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ behind. I have seen quite alot of these pre sealed and not left so these can retain moisture and staining can occur behind and in the crackle of the glaze ( a shadowing) and this can leave a permanent water stain unless you stripp them back and let them dry again, I Asume it depends on the tile structure and make up.

Reply to Sealing query in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock