Discuss Screw heads when tanking plasterboard? in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

thefatty

Hi, looking for some quick advice about tanking plasterboard ready for tiling. The area is going to be a shower. What are you supposed to do with the screw heads that are not on a join? I'm using the mapei wpk, which gives no instruction on this point! Do I just paint the membrane over them, fill them with something then paint, or use the supplied tape on them using the same method as the corners? Area is to be tiled (if that makes a difference)! Have searched high and low on the internet but can't find an answer, please help! Many thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

thefatty

Photo to show what I mean...

IMG_20161204_140848.jpg

T

thefatty

Many thanks. I put a lot of screws because I don't want the plasterboard falling due to the tile weight!

So today I'm thinking of just using some flexible waterproof filler on them then just painting the membrane over the top. Someone let me know if this is wrong, hopefully before I start the process! :)

Reply to Screw heads when tanking plasterboard? in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks