Discuss Safari and frustration with forum in the Suggestion Box area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I often use an iPad to view and post on the Forums. In the last few weeks I find that whenever I exit a thread or post, I get logged out.

Upvote 0
O

Old Mod

Clear your history and web site data Andy.

Save any pages in safari you want to keep first, with a bookmark, then go
settings - Safari - clear history and web site data.
(Scroll to bottom and it's in blue)
Hopefully that should sort it Andy.

W

WetSaw

It's awful using Chrome on my Android phone for the last few days, and yes I have cleared cookies,history etc. Fine on Windows PC.

O

Old Mod

It's awful using Chrome on my Android phone for the last few days, and yes I have cleared cookies,history etc. Fine on Windows PC.
@Dan is really the only one who can look into it Paul, but I do know he's been running tests with the new server over last few days, perhaps it's connected.

Reaction score
Clear your history and web site data Andy.

Save any pages in safari you want to keep first, with a bookmark, then go
settings - Safari - clear history and web site data.
(Scroll to bottom and it's in blue)
Hopefully that should sort it Andy.
Thanks for the info - tried that but still getting logged out after reading more than 1 post or trying to post replies. Works fine on my main Windows PC.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Sndy, it did it with me , when i was on safari i mistakenly had it on private settings , which signed me out every time i did it .
Turn it off, press the cross and try again
IMG_0017.PNG

Reaction score
I am not a "wizard" with Apple - but the iPad mini I have has what can only be a cut down version of Safari, and there is no way to get up the screen you showed, unless I am missing something (which is quite likely!)

O

Old Mod

Go in to safari andy, and click the little double square top right.
IMG_7991.JPG

That will give you this screen.

IMG_7992.JPG

You see he word 'private' top right?
If you are in private mode it will be highlighted in white like this.
IMG_7993.JPG

If it is, just click it, and it'll return to normal and your browser will remember where you've been, and you shouldn't be logged out every time.

Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice. Unfortunately none of it solved the problem. I log on the iPad, join the forum using the safari browser, log into my account, and then type a post like this. When I post the reply, it still logs me out! It may possibly be the iPad itself, because if I use my main computer which is Windows and Internet explorer based, there is absolutely no problem.

Reply to Safari and frustration with forum in the Suggestion Box area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks