Discuss rubimix-16 ergomax, dead in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

JCT

TF
Reaction score
Hi, my rubimix-16 ergomax died on me earlier today. Seemed to be slowing down on me then just stopped working. It's only a little over a year old which is disappointing as my old rubimix 9 lasted me years. Rubi offer a 2 year guarantee with it so does anyone know where I stand in regards to getting it repaired or replaced. I don't have a receipt or any paper work but I bought it online so should be able to provide proof of purchase.

Anyone had any dealing with Rubi in regards to a guarantee?

Looks like I'll have to get myself a cheap temporary one first thing tomorrow morning in the mean time

B

Blunt Tool

Could be just the brushes, there should be a couple of screws either side of mixer, if you unscrew them there will be a spring, pull out then the brushes (looks like rectangular pieces of lead) will be at the end! If they are around 10mm or less you need new ones! Ask @Pro Tiler Tools to source them from Rubi for you.

JCT

TF
Reaction score
Could be just the brushes, there should be a couple of screws either side of mixer, if you unscrew them there will be a spring, pull out then the brushes (looks like rectangular pieces of lead) will be at the end! If they are around 10mm or less you need new ones! Ask @Pro Tiler Tools to source them from Rubi for you.

Would their not still be some life in it when I fire it up if it was just the brushes? Nothing at all happens when I switch it on. like theirs no power going through it.

B

Blunt Tool

If either side is that worn that not touching motor anymore won't work and would explain how it was going slower as contact was not good. Should only be around 12 to 15 pound fix, and very easy to do, they just push onto spring.

B

Blunt Tool

Have you tried inching along power cord when it is on aswell as could be wire been twisted that much there is a break, give that a try first.

JCT

TF
Reaction score
Have you tried inching along power cord when it is on aswell as could be wire been twisted that much there is a break, give that a try first.

I'll look into the brushes. Don't think it's the power cord. It's still like new. Their was a bit of a popping noise before it went so probably the bushes. I'll check it properly tomorrow.

Thanks for your help

O

One Day

My original rubi mixer lasted 4yrs with no issues. It died so I bought another. That one died after 2 months. Took rubi 3 months to repair it. Then it died after 2 weeks. I gave up and bought an alfra eibenstock. A real mixer!

And apparently rubi reps shouldn't be repairing anything with a plug. They aren't qualified to do it. I was surprised that mine got repaired at topps by a rep. Totally leaving themselves open for a visit by hse if their repairs result in an injury.

JCT

TF
Reaction score
Just got the mixer out the van to have a look. Took the brushes out, they're almost at the 10mm mark. Put them back in making sure they had contact and it's working again. Bit of a rattle from it now so doubt it will last long. Will get a new set ordered.

Thanks again for your help mate

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I had a rubi grinder that lasted about 3 months and rubi wouldn't replace it the wanted me to send if off for repair leaving me having to buy a new grinder so I just put it in the bin and ill never buy rubi again

P

Pro Tiler Tools

Just got the mixer out the van to have a look. Took the brushes out, they're almost at the 10mm mark. Put them back in making sure they had contact and it's working again. Bit of a rattle from it now so doubt it will last long. Will get a new set ordered.

Thanks again for your help mate

Morning Guys,

We keep the brushes in stock, they can be found here:

240v: Rubimix 9BL Replacement Brushes 230v 25110 | Buy Power Tool Accessories Online from Pro Tiler Tools - https://www.*******************/power-tool-accessories/46134/rubimix-9bl-replacement-brushes-230v-25110

120v: Rubimix 9BL Replacement Brushes 110v 25563 | Buy Power Tool Accessories Online from Pro Tiler Tools - https://www.*******************/power-tool-accessories/46142/rubimix-9bl-replacement-brushes-110v-25563

If i can help with anything else please let me know.

Cheers
Sam :)

Reply to rubimix-16 ergomax, dead in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks