Discuss Rubi TCRP-115 cutting blade in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
jesus christ dave,look at the state of them

i have one of those blades on my grinder,only used it on 4 or 5 jobs so far but it will be coming off
same reason i bought one i had a montolit blade on it and i dropped it and bent it....ill be ordering another from tt asap

i did have the older rubi grinder blade and altho that lasted a very long time it snapped mid cut also...god knows where the chipped peice of blade landed butr i wouldnt fancy my chances getting hit by one of those peices

D

DHTiling

What caused the one on the left to bend like that?!!! Not recommended then!

Sent via Tapatalk for iPhone

The blade just warped 2 inches into a cut and then snapped.. if you have one of these blades then IMO do NOT!! use it till Rubi say other wise.

J

jay

I have made a satellite dish out of one of mine .but i was pushing it , that was
with porc my own fault does make you sit back for a moment

D

DHTiling

Just a straight line into an L- cut.

I put the first one down to me, but 2 blades then nah! Summit not right.

D

doug boardley

ow, don't like that one bit, I'll stick to my bosch blade in my bosch grinder (also without a guard:oops::lol:)

R

RubiUK

Hi Gary the Rubi rep here.
I have seen one of these blades break like those two and was curious as to why. I have used these blades alot and have not had any bother with them so I asked the end user to demonstrate how he was using the blade. One week later I met Darren on site. I gave him a grinder and a brand new blade and he set to work. Darren proceeded to try and cut curves in his porca and you could see the blade bending. I have done more test on my own and established that this blade cut perfect when the blade is held vertically. I don't know if that is the reason why they broke but you have to remember the blades are thin. Hope to get more feedback as and when.

D

DHTiling

Hi Gary, i have since been informed that these blades are part of Rubi's budget range and just to add the blade was not used under stress as it was a straight cut.

My take on it is!!!.. with these being on the low quality side to what Rubi top range is, the steel of the blade cannot take a lot of heat generated by dry cutting grade 5 porcs, yes the diamonds might cut great but if the body of the blade and also that the blade flange is thin then this contributes to blade warping and hence the break away just below the diamond segments each time of the 2 breakages i have had.

I have given the blades to rubi but as present have yet to hear anything back from Pat..

H

hillhead

I have had the same problems with marcrist blades i kid you not, chunks come out of them too.
I'm using a tectron blade from stonetools at the minute and it's been great, 1mm thick and i'v done a lot of cutting with it over the last few weeks.
I find it wearing down now at the tip but no chipping as yet or bits breaking off.
Cheap blade too but impressive cutting.
Jury still out on mine.

Reply to Rubi TCRP-115 cutting blade in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks