Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Rubi TC180 or Flex CS60? in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

martin1c

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
My quest for an easier envelope cutting solution continues....

I mainly work with 60 x 60cm porcs so I need something that is up to the job and produces factory edge cuts

I've got a Festool angle grinder system which runs on a track but the quality of cuts isn't good enough. Also, if you want maximum dust extraction you have to go to full plunge depth but this then causes the blade to wobble a bit on porcelain - must be due to heat build up. I have the pro-gres blade fitted.

I don't have space for a large bridge saw and I like the idea of rials to cut any length of tile i like. Ok, both the flex and the rubi will be messy but I'm hoping the results would be worth it.

If anyone has experience of these two please let me know what you think. Also, are standard supplied blades good enough or will I need to buy something a bit more 'special?'

O

Old Mod

Yep I got the Rubi Martin.
Can't talk right now, need an hour.
But if you search the Rubi and me as author you may find quite in depth description of it.

O

One Day

I clamp a straight edge to the tile and use a Marcrist akkumax blade.
Quick and easy, followed with a quick tickle with silicone carbide on a flexy pad and I get great results.

O

Old Mod

Reason I asked was that the Rubi runs on a regular festool guide and the 1400 is around £50, which last I looked, is much cheaper than the Rubi. I don't know if it's changed but they used to come in 800 lengths.
Like the festool tho, to get good dust extraction on a dry cut, the blade has to be at full depth. No good if you're trying to cut a tile out of the floor.
Wet feature works well, but you're right, it's messy. What I tend to do is lay a tarp down and form a funnel toward the nearest drain.
But you have great control over the water flow.
Far as the blade goes, the standard used to pretty poor. But the cpc works really well.
Only thing is, I've not really used it since Rubi brought out their new range of blades 12-18months ago, so it could have all changed.
And of course the Rubi doesn't mitre, but I wouldn't use the feature now anyway, can't get as good as finish as you can by hand.
Not even sure what the Rubi costs anymore, used to be about £300-£350 and the flex upward of £750.
Yes the flex mitres,but at an extra few hundred pounds, I don't think I'd bother.
I find the Rubi man enough for good quality porcelain.

Shame you're not closer, I'd of lent it to you to try it out.

OP
M

martin1c

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Find it martin?
Yes, seen it thanks. Are you using the stock supplied blade?

They do seem really good but just want to make sure it's worth spending the money on.
In answer to the the Festool question, yes, it runs on the tracks. It's the Dsg 125 I think.

I'll give it a go I think.

Thanks for your help

Reply to Rubi TC180 or Flex CS60? in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock