Discuss Rubi DC250 1200 in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Spud

Well another loyal Rubi man disappointed , sima make nice machines Jel as do raimondi , montolit ,Battipav, husqvarna and sigma to name but a few but out of brand loyalty you went for another Rubi , I hope they show you the same loyalty back and resolve the issues you are experiencing with your machine

R

RubiUK

Hi jelthetiler

Before we get into any arguments I replied to your post to try and resolve any issue's you have not create more and while I understand as a near 30 year time served tiler I do understand that people just want a bit of kit that works simple as that, no one knows that better than me.

When we contact Spain with end user issues, People like yourself who make comments get the message passed on because I pass it to Spain and once again still need and want your feedback as that gets things done, people power and all that. What is hard is the fact that I personally do not want guys like you unhappy but Spain see that we have sold more DC250 in a third of the time we ever sold DW's. We have sold an incredible amount here and abroad and Spain see those numbers and see a successful machine that is why I get disappointed when people like yourselves are not happy.

Rubi spend a fortune on development and yes a switch or anything on a machine may be modified overnight if Spain get enough feedback so machines do change regular on parts that is all part of the process of making better machines. We do have very occasional problems that is called manufacturing but we do listen and do try and sort things that is why you can always contact me [email protected] and talk on any level.

Please do not think we/I do not listen to your comments as I hear them from others and like I have said before that's what gets things sorted so email me or speak to Dan and get my number and we will chat. We do need to remember we have thousands of satisfied user so we must be able to sort you out mate.

be good buddie speak soon.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi jelthetiler

Before we get into any arguments I replied to your post to try and resolve any issue's you have not create more and while I understand as a near 30 year time served tiler I do understand that people just want a bit of kit that works simple as that, no one knows that better than me.

When we contact Spain with end user issues, People like yourself who make comments get the message passed on because I pass it to Spain and once again still need and want your feedback as that gets things done, people power and all that. What is hard is the fact that I personally do not want guys like you unhappy but Spain see that we have sold more DC250 in a third of the time we ever sold DW's. We have sold an incredible amount here and abroad and Spain see those numbers and see a successful machine that is why I get disappointed when people like yourselves are not happy.

Rubi spend a fortune on development and yes a switch or anything on a machine may be modified overnight if Spain get enough feedback so machines do change regular on parts that is all part of the process of making better machines. We do have very occasional problems that is called manufacturing but we do listen and do try and sort things that is why you can always contact me [email protected] and talk on any level.

Please do not think we/I do not listen to your comments as I hear them from others and like I have said before that's what gets things sorted so email me or speak to Dan and get my number and we will chat. We do need to remember we have thousands of satisfied user so we must be able to sort you out mate.

be good buddie speak soon.

Most people like rubi, but if you have a bad experience with owt, most folk won't get again, i had a bad experience with a BMW , would never get one ever again, piece of junk, but most pepole like them

J

Jelthetiler

Well it's all gone and got quite messy. I took my cutter back to CTD and Dan (my area Rubi rep) looked at it today and rang me.

He/Rubi are pretty miffed that i'd come on here and written what I have but I explained that the original post was a review, which i'd been asked to do. Judging by the way he talked to me and then dismissed all my qualms, he is quite happy (with his free machine) and can't see why i'm not.

He said that the rust on the weld joints must be where I've chipped the paint (there's no chips in the paint). He also said that his had rust too, mine was purchased 14th August 2014, I've used it on one job. He asked me whether I cleaned the machine, I told him to look at it (it was in front of him) and then come to my job where there's 100's of off cuts in a pile that I've cut with it. Trav' is notoriously messy, it would have been obvious if I didn't clean the machine. Because of the material I also run the pump through with clean water so as not to block it for the next days work.

He said that there was nothing wrong in the machine vibrating the way it did on the slow down, his did the same! I think he was under the impression it was going to find it in bits but i'd seen the nuts fall over whilst cutting and put them on as tight as I could.
*When I unpacked the cutter from new I tightened up every nut I could see.

He said that his machines' blade also moved on start up and it was something 'I had to get used to'!

I have been told by the guys at CTD that he did something to the machine but they couldn't tell me what he actually did and during our conversation he didn't tell me he'd done anything. He said that under the warranty there was actually nothing wrong so they weren't going to do anything at all. In a kind of condescending way he tried to make me think that the problem was me!

The best part of the conversation was when he said, and this is truthfully what he said, "It's not like you paid 2 or 3 thousand for it like other cutters". That was when I started to shout at him. Obviously £838 isn't loads of money to him, but it is to me. Patronising git.
On one hand he said I should've gone back to Rubi as soon as I noticed the 'problems' but then said because I purchased it through CTD I have to go through them! His boss Gary Nash said in a previous post on here that sometimes a machine or it's parts need a good workout before they settle down, how long is this workout supposed to be? I only noticed the rust in December, note the date on my original post. Any how, I've a meeting with CTD tomorrow who to be fair have been pretty decent.

Rubi are a massive company and everything is great until you have a problem. They then don't see the problems so you have to go away and 'get used' to whatever you think is wrong but they deem is right.

It's not like a don't know the machine, my last one was a DW 250N which is basically the same but on a smaller scale. Still, nothing like a bloke in a suit telling you-you don't know what you're talking about, after all, i'm only a tiler.

T

TT Tiling

so sorry to hear about your probs ,I have just brought myself one of them machines today from trade tiler as I do a lot of large slate floors ,reading this doesn't feel me with much confidents in rubi and think they should sort your prob out , if I have any probs with my machine I would want it sorted out , all of my tiling tools are rubi ,but if they carry on treating people like your self like that ,I will not be buying any more rubi tools , just hope I don't have any probs , and posting on here is a good thing ,people should know and save others any probs

J

Jelthetiler

So Dan from Rubi did some stuff to my machine, I have no idea what and the fellas at CTD don't really know either but whatever he did has worked. The blade doesn't now move on start up which was an issue for me and the vibration is down to a bare minimum. In all honesty, it feels like my old machine after it had-had a service! I hope it won't need this kind of attention 3 times a year! Neither CTD or Rubi will do anything about the small rust areas as it isn't a warranty issue yet, but CTD said that if it worsens to thee point that it starts to strip itself, they will act accordingly which I am fine with.
What has come out of this is that Rubi don't take criticism in any shape or form. The PM's I've had seem to back that up so as a consequence I won't be buying from them again. I have zero expectations that Rubi will honour the 2 year warranty as anything that will potentially go wrong will be my fault! Product loyalty doesn't mean jack any more.

That'll be the end of it for me.

T

TT Tiling

hi glad to hear it all worked out for you , funny I had a dewalt d2 45000 that wasn't cutting square from new , I mailed dewalt and they sent out a new cutter in 4 days replaced it no probs ,I just hope rubi pull the finger out and help people like us ,as we are the people that keep them going and word of mouth is the best recommendation

T

Time's Ran Out

I'am not sure why you did a review in the first place without having the courtesy to inform Rubi of your intentions and thus allowing them to reply to your issues before all your own personal gripes are aired on a forum that Rubi have sponsored for a number of years.
I've only got Rubi manual cutters and they have served me well for over 30 years, and before all these wet cutters became common items, I cut everything on a small Rubi 200 for many years.
I've had/got Clippers, Dewalt2400 and Rubi's and they are just tools to use. I expect them to chip, rust, and need servicing, but unlike some who wish to debate the differences with threads v others - I respect the fact that Rubi support IMHO the best forum and I'am happy to remain a Rubi man.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I'am not sure why you did a review in the first place without having the courtesy to inform Rubi of your intentions and thus allowing them to reply to your issues before all your own personal gripes are aired on a forum that Rubi have sponsored for a number of years.
I've only got Rubi manual cutters and they have served me well for over 30 years, and before all these wet cutters became common items, I cut everything on a small Rubi 200 for many years.
I've had/got Clippers, Dewalt2400 and Rubi's and they are just tools to use. I expect them to chip, rust, and need servicing, but unlike some who wish to debate the differences with threads v others - I respect the fact that Rubi support IMHO the best forum and I'am happy to remain a Rubi man.

I doubt your reply would of been the same if it was a sigma review. ..:smilewinkgrin:

J

Jelthetiler

And I respect your opinion but you haven't got the machine I've got.
Companies love to keep things off boards like these and hide problems. Besides, I could've been a lot ruder about their attitude towards me but decided not to get the metaphorical boxing gloves on. From the PM reaction I've got, especially with someone in here with many posts like yourself, I'm not alone.
Anyhow, if I have any future problems I'll sort them out with CTD as they are miles easier to talk to.

Reply to Rubi DC250 1200 in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks