Discuss Rubi all the way or time for a change?? in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Ruby or sigma

• Ruby

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Sigma

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters

TTT

TF
Reaction score
Hi folks IKnow a couple of lads on here so thought I d seek your advice
Tiler though and through 25 years !!
Been a ruby man since day one (cutters wise)
Thinking of upgrading the ts70... she's seen better days!
Should I stay or should I go??
Thinking maybe defecting to the sigma camp? Any thoughts??

O

One Day

Over 600mm I'd definitely recommend the move to sigma. It's at 600mm and over you really see and appreciate the difference. If you're used to rubi, stick with those for smaller stuff though.

W

White Room

Trouble is a lot of tiles have changed over 25 years and Rubi was there as the best at the time, my preference is sigma nowadays but still have a rubi TS40 for the smaller tiles.

L

LM

As Imp says under 600mm Rubi can do it on most tiles, BUT Sigma can do it all and much easier and over 600mm they are literally on a different page when it comes to performance. I have never heard of someone who has used a Sigma moving to Rubi cutters, however every day almost even on this forum you hear of the happy campers who have moved from Rubi to Sigma and they don't look back.

W

White Room

I still hear guys asking for Rubi at tile shops, there still a force to be reckoned with.....sold a TX700 and got a good price for it, the demand is still there....quality, now that maybe another issue.

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I've been thinking on the same line, have got tx 900 and tx 1200 but hear so many guys banging on about sigma stuff have wondering if it worth selling all the Rubi gear and making the switch, just always been a Rubi man and font want to regret the switch, but there are tiles I've come across that the Rubi s just don't deal with all that well now

L

LM

I've been thinking on the same line, have got tx 900 and tx 1200 but hear so many guys banging on about sigma stuff have wondering if it worth selling all the Rubi gear and making the switch, just always been a Rubi man and font want to regret the switch, but there are tiles I've come across that the Rubi s just don't deal with all that well now
You definitely will not regret the switch, if your are used to Rubi's then get the sigma with a klick klok or max handle, these are push also.
The max is better suited for harder to cut tiles, but you can buy interchangeable handles for all the machines anyway.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I'm gonna say it, I'm going to buy another sigma ;)
Ok just to hi jack the thread, the best sigma to cut up to 800 ish , I have a 1200 push flip over thingie and like that one , so want the same :)

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
OK then people thinking about this more, can't get a go on a sigma as don't know anyone who uses, or even holds in stock to sell ( I live in a small town) what are the codes/ different types? What is best to get in the sigma range?

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Well of I was replacing my whole set up, I'd prob go for something like a 400 a 700 and a 1200

F

Flintstone

I recently got rid of my old rubi ts60 plus in favour of a sigma 3c3m max. Which cuts up to 720, it's a Beast and for the larger or thicker tiles it's leagues ahead of rubi. There are different handles, I found the max handle fine.

Reply to Rubi all the way or time for a change?? in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks