Discuss Round Room Tiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi all.

In the near future I will be tiling a round room. The customer suggested a round centre piece e.g a compass. I guess these sorts of tiles would be mosiac? Does anyone know of anywhere I can buy such a thing?
Cheers Ross :thumbsup:

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
There is a stone supplier in Knaresborough, Yorks, who has something like this in the centre of his showroom.... trying to remember what they are called - they are on the same industrial estate as Stonefix ....... me and names -when I remember I will post the name....

S

Sean fsy

Decorative ceramic tile, custom hand made tile -- Tiles with Style, a decorative ceramic tile studio specializing in custom hand made tiles, is well known for its quality craftsmanship, elegant designs, and custom colorations.
GR_Medallion.jpg

D

DHTiling

There is a stone supplier in Knaresborough, Yorks, who has something like this in the centre of his showroom.... trying to remember what they are called - they are on the same industrial estate as Stonefix ....... me and names -when I remember I will post the name....

Lapicida...:thumbsup:

Reaction score
Thank you all for your replies.
Gives me something to go on.
Any further links would be helpful.
The more options I have, the more info I can give to my customer.
:thumbsup:

P

pirateHeart

To create a compass you dont need handmade mosaic to be bought. Too pricy and not every mosaic is suitable for a floor. Usual tile cutted with tile cutter or any other tool will do the trick.

Reaction score
We had a compass cut for one of our showrooms about 10 years back it was cut from large porcelain tiles with a waterjet cutting machine. The people that did it have been bought out and are now PSP in Southampton (they still do jet cuts I think). Or I have heard of another precision waterjet cutting company In Chippenham. They may be able to give you prices from rough sizes?

O

Old Mod

To create a compass you dont need handmade mosaic to be bought. Too pricy and not every mosaic is suitable for a floor. Usual tile cutted with tile cutter or any other tool will do the trick.
Hi and welcome to the forum pirateHeart, kool to see guys from across the pond join in.
Just as a bit of info, when reading threads might be an idea to check dates in bottom left corner of each post. This thread dates back to 2009, it's not a problem how old it is of course, just wouldn't want you to think you're replying to a current thread if that's not your intention.
And if you have something to add to older threads, that's kool too!
happy-thumb-up-045.gif

T

Time's Ran Out

If I remember correctly it was cut out of travertine, marble, porcelain, granite, and metal mosaics - anything I had lying around! And inserted in 45x45cm white limestone. We also put a black granite line 15mm thick around the border.
2009 a good year!

Reply to Round Room Tiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
hoponbaby
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks