Discuss rotozip x core's? anyone used em in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

DHTiling

I got a rotozip and i have seen those bits.....they compliment the machine well....:thumbsup:

T

thevinnyofoz

yeah I have one, bloody thing nearly went through my leg. Ive stayed away from it ever since lol :yikes:

S

simmy08

i have a rotozip also, actually think its a great bit of kit, had a few casualty tiles when gettin the knack of using it. takes patience imo

chris.tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I got a rotozip and i have seen those bits.....they compliment the machine well....:thumbsup:

Are they different to ordinary core cutters? saw the picture and thought I could just use my own hole cutters in the machine. Is the size much smaller to go into the collett?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1779

Watch this space. A German guy is sending me some dry drills capable of cutting 50+ holes in porcelain. And is an equivelent to the X-bit.

Wants me to test them out and the price looks hot as well.

In the mean time the best value for money at just over £7 for each drill bit remains the BFKMX

kit2.jpg

At just over £7 per drill the BFKMX remains great value for money.

porsadrill_logo2.jpg

Once we test these Dry drills we will give you the full update!

D

Deleted member 1779

PORSADRILL Price check 365drills best selling kit the BFKMX.
rotozip.jpg

Remember you are entitled to further trade discounts from 365drills.

yesno1.gif
Use water with PORSADRILL to control dust level both for the working area and over you.

yesno1.gif
No power cables required to drill.

yesno1.gif
Adjustable triggers will keep you in control of the drilling speed.

yesno1.gif
Free guide plate guarantees no risk of slipping and a sure start.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Watch this space. A German guy is sending me some dry drills capable of cutting 50+ holes in porcelain. And is an equivelent to the X-bit.

Wants me to test them out and the price looks hot as well.

In the mean time the best value for money at just over £7 for each drill bit remains the BFKMX

kit2.jpg

At just over £7 per drill the BFKMX remains great value for money.

porsadrill_logo2.jpg

Once we test these Dry drills we will give you the full update!

German you say? Quality I hear!

beanz

TF
Reaction score
I bought my Porcadrill kit ages ago, and only just noticed here that i should've got 2x 6mm and 2x 8mm bits.. That'll teach me to actually look at the packaging..... Doh! :mad2:

Just out of curiosity Richard, how many cuts should we get out of one of your hole cutters (assuming that we are keeping them wet etc.)?

D

Deleted member 1779

beanz
are u saying you ordered the kit, its arrived but without the 6mm 6mm 8mm 8mm drills? If that's the case then we can send out 2 U.

About lifespan

We prefer to quote drill lifespan at 10 cuts each drill. So the top pack will give you 40 cuts as a rule of thumb. More than enough for a top end bathroom.

But the story doesn't stop there. These drills fade out over their lifespan so when we say "up to 10 cuts" doesnt mean on cut ten - then bang its gone. Its just the time to drill more holes takes longer.

porsadrill_8mm.jpg

Expect a lifespan of "about" ten cuts per drill bit. That works out at 40 holes for the small hole packs. But lifespans do vary so thats just a rule of thumb guide.

As a pro-tiler we would expect you to make a judgement call on when to bin them. For most tilers they like to get the 40 holes out of them then leave them behind with the customer "just in case" customer wants to add extra things at a later date.

When I've gone and done drilling jobs for people I dont bin the used drills which have some life left in them, as good-will I've always asked the customer if they like to keep them just in case they need more things.

PS: These numbers are just guides not hard and fast rules...

Example:

Burn into solid Grd:5 Porc at top speed, max pressure and min water and you will see glowing hot embers after 3 holes.

However:
Treat em nice and you should see that lifespan reach the numbers quoted here....

beanz

TF
Reaction score

beanz
are u saying you ordered the kit, its arrived but without the 6mm 6mm 8mm 8mm drills? If that's the case then we can send out 2 U.

Richard, i don't expect you to send them out now mate, i got them months ago, so it's really down to me for not reading the pack properly. I had each of the 4 sizes, just didn't realise there should've been two of the 6mm & 8mm bits!?! The plastic pack was open, and the smaller bits were just floating around the envelope, but as the envelope was sealed i didn't think anything of it. :oops:

Good to know for next time though. ;)

D

Deleted member 1779

Yup in the top box there are always four cores.

In the BFKMX you get 2x6mm and 2x8mm.

But if you PM me with address then I will send them to you. Its no problem

kit6mm3.jpg

Reply to rotozip x core's? anyone used em in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks