Discuss Review : Sigma 3bk tile cutter in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

DHTiling

After lots and lots of banter on this forum about Sigma cutter v's Rubi cutters , i was given the opportunity by Sigma UK to try out a Sigma 3bk 600mm tile cutter.

Derek from Sigma UK sent me a free cutter to try out and see how it compared to my favourite cutter the Rubi TX700..

First impressions were that it was very light in weight compared to the TX, and the build quality seemed to be very good ...

My first job was just on basic 13x10 cheapo ceramics but i wanted to see if it crushed then like another brand i have used used to from time to time , but nope the Sigma was spot on and even down to thinner cut offs from full tiles it manged no problem at all..

So far i was ok with how it performed but needed to try it out on some harder tiles etc..

Not long after the first try out i had an other bathroom where i had textured G5 porcelains and this is what swayed it for me to really like Sigma cutters.

The 3bk cut through them like they were cheapo ceramics and the cut edge was very clean and very little pressure was needed to break the tiles..

It didn't take me long to get used the breaking/scoring action of the 3bk and i thought it might but i actually got used to it quickly and did not find it awkward at all..

The handle is smooth whilst scoring and breaking and no jerky actions.. the biggest plus for me was the breaking foot has rubber pads and this is what the TX is lacking as some times it can mark light mat tiles..

So all in all the Sigma 3bk has been a big pleasure to use and i look forward to getting many yrs use from it...

A BIG!! thank you to Sigma UK for giving me the chance to try out a Sigma and see what all the fuss was about, now i know why :)

Oh and to top it off Derek sent me the little 2g to use as well.. :):):):)

So comparing the 3bk to the TX , then imho it is nicer to use and breaks cleaner and easier to breaking action..

Also to add , i was in my stone suppliers and i asked if i could try to break a piece of 10mm granite on the 3bk.... whop.. no bother at all... didn't leave to bad an edge either..:thumbsup:..

Here are some pics of tiles i have tried so far and i will add to this as and when i use the 3bk more and more, as most know i mainly do stone these days but will add more pics as and when..

4f4d6163-36cb-e986.jpg

4f4d6163-36e0-3b92.jpg

4f4d6163-36f6-fb85.jpg

4f4d6163-3709-a779.jpg

Here is a quick video using the 3bk on trav look alike floor tiles..

[video=youtube;f_sLNKCt4Tc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_sLNKCt4Tc&list=HL1345140291&feature=mh_l olz[/video]

Reply to Review : Sigma 3bk tile cutter in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks