Discuss Review : Sigma 3bk tile cutter. in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

DHTiling

When you break the tile Bri, the foot needs to be around 10mm to 15mm in from the measure bar... so 10mm to 15mm into the tile for maximum performance..

P

Peter

Good review Dave :hurray:

The 90cm is quite a beast for your first Sigma Bri, especially if you were learning on an 800 tile. Best trying with 300s and 600s first to develop your technique as one thing about the Sigma is that it's only effective if you're using it the right way. A lot of tiles react different so you learn what sort of pressure/height/break it needs. Dunno how the TX compares in that regard.

Interesting that you seem to cut with the "big cut" to the right Dave. It's in the Sigma Unwritten Rule Book to keep the big bit to the left. No idea why, think it's from the previous style diagonal machines where you had a full bed on the left and a smaller bed on the right.

Reaction score
I've got the Big clinker at the moment and now it's worn out I have been trying to decide between the Montolit and Sigma cutters and..... you've all sold me the Sigma, so I'm going to order one now :drool5:, can't wait to get it and use it next week :hurray:

T

TT Tiling

nice one dave , enjoyed that , think i might give the cutter a try over my rubi but where in devon or cornwall can i try one lol lol

area tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
The support arm is on the right hand side on the 900 sigma....
noticed that you score the tile away from you then bring back and snap,is that just becuse those are the klonk klik range! ive been using sigma cutters for 7 years now and they are the older 5 a and 5B MODELS were you score the tile towards you and snap. maybe try this method with my older range and see if theirs any variations with the performance!
great thread by the way!!!

Reaction score
I've now had my 3BK for a couple of months and I'm VERY happy with it so far, it's a cracking piece of kit and so easy to use :)

D

DHTiling

The 3bk , coupled with the Sigma 9P today. Textured porcs.

Lovely combination.

ype9u9yv.jpg

Reply to Review : Sigma 3bk tile cutter. in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks