Discuss Review: Safety Stair Rods in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

doug boardley

Re: Review for Safety Stair Rods

I could get 250M of the harris carpet protector for the same price as 50m of the tiletrader stuff....Does exactly the same job as is avaliable without mail order

Are we not allowed to show and link what we use or are we getting brainwashed to buy from sponsers only?And yes i have bought from tiletrader before with good results!
you've got to show respect imo to the people who pay to keep the forum open mate, cuckoo in the nest and all that!

C

cornish_crofter

I don't use a stair runner for the very reason that I don't trust them.

These would help out a great deal.

W

White Room

So what are your opinions and have they been used much ?

The customers love the idea that the stair sheets are held firm especially if they have young kids. Good kit and use them regularly where possible, the only pain was trying to get them in the first place. Had to go to a lady who new the inventor paid £10 for a next day delivery and got them 5 days later, other trades have shown great interest in them. Do hope takes Dave them on for easy delivery.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Gazzer

The customers love the idea that the stair sheets are held firm especially if they have young kids. Good kit and use them regularly where possible, the only pain was trying to get them in the first place. Had to go to a lady who new the inventor paid £10 for a next day delivery and got them 5 days later, other trades have shown great interest in them. Do hope takes Dave them on for easy delivery.

Thats good then and yes TradeTiler has taken them on as the people wanted a reseller anyway for those very purposes.

C

Colour Republic

The problem i saw with a twist lock would be that when the rod is placed snugly up against dust sheet is that you wouldnt have much of a grip to twist the rod.

Good point!

I guess you could always knock them back after locking but then you run the risk of damaging the paint work.

Last question I promise

Have you taken one apart? Is it just a shorter version of an adjustable shower curtian pole? As I know how they work and i know how much tension is loaded into them

G

Gazzer

Lol, no mate i havent taken one apart but i would imagine they are similar to what you are thinking but how do you know what size spring is in there?

C

Colour Republic

What do you mean you haven't taken it apart! I would have dismantled it within seconds of getting it just to see how it works. I've been like it since a kid, I can't always put them back together again, especially items that involve springs under pressure and explode with washers, fillets and pins flying everywhere when tampered with (Bro, if you reading this, it was me who broke your tape deck 2 days after christmas :oops:, been meaning to own up for years). Go on Sir Ramic, take one apart, it's not like you haven't got another 13 as back up :hurray:

G

Gazzer

Colour Republic, You have me thinking here. So in the interest of trying to answer all questions (no matter how strange:lol:) i took one of the rods into the kitchen and with the use of some weighing scales i placed one end on the weighing platform and zeroed the dial as best as possible. I then pressed down while noting the dial. 8 1/2 lb was the reading thats about 4kg to fully compress the rod. As i have said before, the more the rod is compressed the more tension its under.
As for taking one apart, by holding it up to a strong light source you can make out the spring in the thicker of the 2 tubes. The spring is half the length there abouts of the overall length of rod. While one end cap comes off, the other i would think is held by glue maybe. This is the end that has the spring resting against. My way of thinkingis that if that end could be removed and safely replaced a spacer could be inserted and therefore it would increase preload.
Only time will tell and by people leaving 1st hand feedback maybe in the future the makers will increase spring strength on later production runs. Who knows?

F

faithhealer

might consider buying but the manufacturers didn't answer my email so not top of my list at present

D

DHTiling

might consider buying but the manufacturers didn't answer my email so not top of my list at present

I have had a few emails with carol....smashing lady....and i have got a set of rods as well....so excellent product and NO professional tradesmen should be without a set....and british gas issue all the installers with a set of Stair rods which are also available from Trade tiler.

D

David - Tradetiler

don't worry about them -- we have them now :smilewinkgrin: In stock for next working day delivery.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Gazzer

I have had a few emails with carol....smashing lady....and i have got a set of rods as well....so excellent product and NO professional tradesmen should be without a set....and british gas issue all the installers with a set of Stair rods which are also available from Trade tiler.

Actually Carol and her husband...(forgot his name) are a great couple. So friendly and helpful. they have a small gadget for the plumbing guys coming up soon.

As stated before they were after a reseller for the product and now they have the best in the tiling trade.

Reply to Review: Safety Stair Rods in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks