Discuss Replacing trav tiles over wet underfloor heating in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

janzbro

Hi, we have travertine tiles all over ground floor that are slowly disintergrating and developing hundreds of holes.
The UFH is wet and buried in a concrete slab (I think) to give a good thermal mass but would it be better to tile over as this would just add a bit more mass or lift them all and relay new ones.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you upload a few pictures?

Is it wear from foot traffic or just crumbling as in really poor quality tile?

T

Time's Ran Out

How well fixed are they, any settlement cracks and what are you replacing them with?

J

J Sid

the little holes are due to the stone not being back filled when the fitter was laying them. This tells me they have been fixed badly and can't be relied on as a good base for new tiles to be fixed to.

Reply to Replacing trav tiles over wet underfloor heating in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks