Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Repair Work In he Pool..Philippine Style! in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

GAZ5518

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
:cool:Just watching these fellas repairing the tiles in the pool... Interesting way they deal with it..Just used white cement mixed with white grout, knocked up with pool water..but it seems as small repair has turned into a major..Now they have released a few tiles .. more are coming up... know how that feels!!
Hotel maintaince staff dealing with it..They get paid a day rate..try and guess how much??!!
Answers on a postcard..
Check out the pictures... if I can load them.
Video to follow but may be to large to upload..
Carry on working..lol

IMG_9291.JPG IMG_9294.JPG IMG_9295.JPG IMG_9296.JPG IMG_9298.JPG IMG_9300.JPG IMG_9302.JPG IMG_9303.JPG IMG_9316.JPG IMG_9320.JPG IMG_9324.JPG IMG_9325.JPG

OP
GAZ5518

GAZ5518

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
As you can see ... what they do is knock up neat cement/ grout... butter up Tile and then with scuba gear.. just take buttered Tile down ( not much of it seems to emulsify) )..and bang it in place... weight of water holds it in place... cement goes off under water.. job done....

OP
GAZ5518

GAZ5518

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Surely the.pools full of bits of tile and cement after....
I as watching carefully .. The tiles ( 8x4) were coming up either in a few pieces or whole , they were picking the old residue grout and https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ up with their hands... There was a bit of "clouding " as they were re-installing ... but I imagine the filtration system will eventually take care of that..I too thought it was a bizarre way of dealing with it... But it must be a tried and tested way and work...

T

Time's Ran Out

In 1978 during those hot dry summers that we used to have , Ardex used Navy divers, X7 white on a tile in a plastic bag and took it down to repair.
Those days of water shortage, hosepipe bans and sharing a bath are sorely missed!

D

Dumbo

Was told by ball years ago you could repair swimming pool with water in by usin
Don't know what happened to post but should read . I was told years ago by bal you could repairs swimming pools with water in by using epoxy grout as an https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/

B

Bill

Surely the.pools full of bits of tile and cement after....
We used to have a water vacuum that would suck up the bits of tiles, it wasn't great but it did a decent enough job of capturing the bigger bits then the pool had a time to settle, then a floor sweep was done and hopefully the filtration system did the rest.

The owner of the tile refurb firm became a millionaire, very quickly.

OP
GAZ5518

GAZ5518

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Don't know what happened to post but should read . I was told years ago by bal you could repairs swimming pools with water in by using epoxy grout as an https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/
That's how I always thought it was done...seems different methods are acceptable and work.. as is this case

Reply to Repair Work In he Pool..Philippine Style! in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock