Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Removing Transit Wax from Polished Porcelain in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Been trying for the past couple of hrs to remove the transit was on my b&q beige polished porcelain tiles. I have LPT Grimex and vie used 1:10, 1:3, 1:1 and even undiluted. Nothing I do is removing it. I have tried a rubber bristle scrubbing brush, a normal plastic scrubbing brush, a nylon pad, and a normal cloth. I sometimes get a tiny little mark where I see the polished surface below, but at that rate I would have my floors done in 2 years lol.

I do have my car rotary polisher that I may use, but surely it can't be that hard to remove ? Am I doing something wrong ?

OP
W

White Room

Re: Removing Transit Wax from Polishec Porcelain

You are sure there is a wax on it.

OP
D

DHTiling

Grimex is one of the best for transit wax removal..

Explain how you apply it..?

OP
K

kevg

Definitely a wax on it, when I run my finger nail over it, it lifts it off.

Dave, I've applied it neat by simply brushing it over the tile and letting it sit for a min or two, then gave it some welly (elbow grease) then left it sit for 10 mins. Then used wet sponge to completely remove. I then buff it dry with a towel.

OP
K

kevg

If I don't Scott, then it's very very hazy.

What I do is remove a little with my finger nail, then look at the light on my ceiling through the tile. It looks crystal clear. Then I move my head to a bit I haven't touched and it's all hazy/blurry so I can safely say it's supposed to be removed.

OP
K

kevg

If I don't Scott, then it's very very hazy.

What I do is remove a little with my finger nail, then look at the light on my ceiling through the tile. It looks crystal clear. Then I move my head to a bit I haven't touched and it's all hazy/blurry so I can safely say it's supposed to be removed.

OP
K

kevg

Scott: just stays the same, all hazy.

Sometimes you'll get tiny bits of the polished surface come through.

OP
S

Scott

Try and polish it up with a clean cloth, make sure you dont use a dirty bit on it again. When sealing polished porc it can take a LOT of cloth as the cloth gets bunged up with the sealer and then contaminates the tile. I use lots of kitchen towel of blue paper towel

OP
K

kevg

It's kinda crusty, I've just used a sharp flat bit of plastic and it removes it, it's defo not greasy like you would expect from wax, this is crusty.

OP
K

kevg

Scott, ive not sealed anything yet, just trying to remove the transit wax. No point sealing yet if I can't get to the tile surface.

OP
K

kevg

I think I've verified lpt grimex is indeed [SWEARING REMOVED]. Kevs finger nail is better.

I'll get the rotary polisher to it tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
S

Scott

Try something else then, whatever chemical is in the Grimex isnt the right one. Have read on the back and try a diff company.

OP
D

david campbell

when using the b&q polished porcelain i always use the sealer and wax remover they suggest which is the Qep from b&q and it works fine

Reply to Removing Transit Wax from Polished Porcelain in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock