Discuss Recommend a good cheap tile cutter (dry) / Laser level in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

trogg

I Know good and cheap don't really go together but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Looking at spending about £100 on each, so any ideas ?

Will be using the tile cutter mainly on 600 x 300 Ceramic and Porcelain.

I need the level for marking out floor and wall tiles...

Ta

I

Ian

Best cutter for that sort of money is this

Big Clinker 2 Heavy Duty Tile Cutter 630mm - http://www.NoLinksToThis/p/big-clinker-2-heavy-duty-tile-cutter-630mm/29758?_requestid=429421

G

GoneGuy

Stanley Cubix Self-Levelling Laser Level - http://www.NoLinksToThis/p/stanley-cubix-self-levelling-laser-level/69712?_requestid=441222
I use this laser for walls

M

Matt Bott

Stanley Cubix Self-Levelling Laser Level - http://www.NoLinksToThis/p/stanley-cubix-self-levelling-laser-level/69712?_requestid=441222
I use this laser for walls

I use this one to, cheap but very useful always make sure you have some spare batteries

Last edited by a moderator:
T

trogg

Thanks for the replies, I've ordered a Turbo X Diamond ats blade, but I'm not sure I'd be able to cut a straight line with it and not keen on all that dust, will probably only use it on awkward cuts.
Mixed reviews on the Big Clinker 2, but mostly good so will give it a try, don't need it until next week so if anyone else has any ideas I'd be grateful .
With the Laser Level I had intended to buy one of the Bosch range (GLL GCL) ? However the Stanley is half the price, so if you think it's good enough to do the job I'll go for it .

O

Old Mod

Thanks for the replies, I've ordered a Turbo X Diamond ats blade, but I'm not sure I'd be able to cut a straight line with it and not keen on all that dust, will probably only use it on awkward cuts.
Mixed reviews on the Big Clinker 2, but mostly good so will give it a try, don't need it until next week so if anyone else has any ideas I'd be grateful .
With the Laser Level I had intended to buy one of the Bosch range (GLL GCL) ? However the Stanley is half the price, so if you think it's good enough to do the job I'll go for it .
Dependable on the job you expect it to do. An ordinary cross line laser will not set out floors for you.

T

trogg

Are you saying that I couldn,t use this (Stanley) on floor tiles ? Would it give a line across the floor ?

O

Old Mod

Are you saying that I couldn,t use this (Stanley) on floor tiles ? Would it give a line across the floor ?
Well ok, it will probably give you one line on your floor, with the vertical line. It you won't be able to square a floor or put cross hairs on it.
It'll give you one line only between two measured points, I wouldn't like to guess a distance tho.
Laser specifically designed for floors, will have have two lines projected on to the floor to give a perfect 90 degree angle, some will give four lines, one forward and back, and one either side.

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
For a laser go to ffx website the lecia laser on there for £100 is ideal, I've got 4 lasers now and I use the lecia most, oys a self leveling city cross line and if you put it on the tripod it comes with will ping a line in one direction about 15m, it doesn't come with a magnet back plate like the dewalt bit I use a cheap steel rule screwed to the wall and can adjust the magnet on tripod to suit, neat ?100 laser on my opinion

T

trogg

Thank you for the explanation 3_fall , I need to up my budget then...... or fit carpet ;)
Hi Ttt601, had a look on the ffx website but couldn't see the Lecia you were on about , I must be having a 'Blonde' moment, I'll take another look :)

Reply to Recommend a good cheap tile cutter (dry) / Laser level in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
alangk85
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks