Discuss Rebating Into Hardie Board in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Dave Hill

Hey all,

I'm installing a shower tray with tiling upstand into a corner which has a solid wall one side, and some studded out hardie board (12mm) on the other.

I need to recess the shower tray slightly into the walls, in order to tank and then tile onto the upstands. Easy on the solid wall, as I've just chipped off the skim, but not so on the hardie board. I've been cutting a recess into it with a wood chisel, which is working but damned slow. Anyone got any better ideas?

Next time I think I'll use a strip of 6mm thick hardie board...!

Dave

Reply to Rebating Into Hardie Board in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks