Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Rapid setting slc in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

J

J Sid

Never used it but at 4 hours by the time that's dry could have stuck 3 or 4 metres with the TM or Ultra..
its all about planning your day.
nip in and do it the evening before, or what I'm doing today. Ufh and levelled by 9, then load out and get bits ready and then i will start a wall after 1.5 to 2 hrs when walkable.
I read somewhere TM tileable after 1.5 hrs, right/wrong?

S

Spare Tool

its all about planning your day.
nip in and do it the evening before, or what I'm doing today. Ufh and levelled by 9, then load out and get bits ready and then i will start a wall after 1.5 to 2 hrs when walkable.
I read somewhere TM tileable after 1.5 hrs, right/wrong?
Got a bag of Ultra in the van...read for yourself

WP_20161101_09_52_51_Pro.jpg

B

Bill

Got a bag of Ultra in the van...read for yourself

View attachment 85928
the difference between Level It and the Bal product is the depth of which you can lay it at - horses for courses if you need the added depth although personally, I would screed it myself in s&c if I needed 80mm build up and then use a green screed https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/.

S

Spare Tool

the difference between Level It and the Bal product is the depth of which you can lay it at - horses for courses if you need the added depth although personally, I would screed it myself in s&c if I needed 80mm build up and then use a green screed https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/.
Andy wanted a leveler to go over ufh wires then tile same day, this is ideal for that :)

Reaction score
Rapid Level 30
Rapid Level 30 Ultra Rapid Setting Fibre Reinforced Flexible Self Leveller

• Tile After 45-60 minutes
• Apply impervious floor finishes after 90 mins.
• Excellent self levelling properties.
• Apply from 2-15mm in one pour.
• Ideal for Under Floor Heating Systems.
• Ideal for plywood and chipboard overlay
• Simply mix with water.

simples........i does what it says on the tin

OP
Andy Allen

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Spot on julian, you can go to the front of the class and get a gold star..:)
i do struggle to get TM products but popped into the suppliers today and they do both the TM and bal rapid slc.....so spoilt for choice ......I like the fact the TM drys quicker but bal can go thicker.....decision's , decision's.....

Last edited:
J

J Sid

yes I do use CTD Lee, mainly because I get great service and price, as I'm sure if i lived up your neck of the woods I use your outlet, plus here these no other outlet's around of note.

I have tried some TM https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/, well twice, but not the leveller. Don't dispute its good gear, how can I, it's liked and used by many a notable member .

Reply to Rapid setting slc in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock