Discuss Quartz tiles on tile backerboard, which adhesive is best? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
hi all I've got 36 m of 600x600 Quartz tiles wat adhesive best to use on backer board I was thinking single part flex as its a extension on to a salon 6 rooms in total so quite awkward cuts nothing square so I don't want to have to keep mixing up addy I

T

Time's Ran Out

Quartz or resin? Who is supplying the tiles, do you know where they come from?

Reaction score
6 MM hardie 36 MM ply underneath screwed down every 8 inch its Quartz not sure who's supplier is as client is gettin then I said I will get sddy

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I'd go Tilemaster ultimate my self I'm doin a 30 ish meter kitchen with the grey ones back end of next month and I'm using Ultimate my self it's lovely to use unlike 2 part which is the pits of the earth

T

Tile Shop

For quartz, we've always suggested BAL Stone and Tile PTB mixed with 3 litres of water and 1 litre of AD1 for the floors, and for walls, their Rapidset Flexible Fibre also substituting 1 litre of water for AD1.

These are the best combinations we could find to keep the water content as low as possible without ruining the consistency of the adhesive. And BAL guarantee it.

D

Dumbo

hi all I've got 36 m of 600x600 Quartz tiles wat adhesive best to use on backer board I was thinking single part flex as its a extension on to a salon 6 rooms in total so quite awkward cuts nothing square so I don't want to have to keep mixing up addy I
I have fixed quartzite resin type tiles in my Ensuite single part flexible over dural ci matting . No problems used a water based sealer prior to grouting with bal micro max grout . Been down a few years now also has water underfloor heating below it

Reply to Quartz tiles on tile backerboard, which adhesive is best? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks