Discuss Problems Cleaning Non Slip Tiles In A Changing Room in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

W

Whooshman

Looking for some advice. We recently tiled 4 changing rooms which are not cleaning up anywhere near as well as expected.
We used HG Cement, mortar & efflorescence remover but it hasn't made much difference.
The tiles are Canuk Abete purchased from Solus. The grout was Mapei Anthracite.
Any help on our next move would appreciated.
Thanks

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
How long has it been grouted, that grout is a pain to clean off and too much cleaning leads to other problems as I guess you've found out by your message.

W

Whooshman

How long has it been grouted, that grout is a pain to clean off and too much cleaning leads to other problems as I guess you've found out by your message.
Grouted over a week, yep had problems with the grout before, hate using it. Feel it's very hard to get a consistent finish.

B

blades

I will write what I do before I combine non-slip tiles with dark Mapei grout, I try to discourage the customer (if he choosed the dark), customer never understands what is this and it's not their job to understand, but it's my job to do the best - in that case not to let it happen. Good luck with this
ps. I use a product called Megarens from Mapei to remove excessive grout, in your case pure Megarens-do not mix with water. Let it act for a couple of minutes, rub well and then clean well with water.

W

Whooshman

I will write what I do before I combine non-slip tiles with dark Mapei grout, I try to discourage the customer (if he choosed the dark), customer never understands what is this and it's not their job to understand, but it's my job to do the best - in that case not to let it happen. Good luck with this
ps. I use a product called Megarens from Mapei to remove excessive grout, in your case pure Megarens-do not mix with water. Let it act for a couple of minutes, rub well and then clean well with water.
Thanks for the info, I'll look into the product

Reply to Problems Cleaning Non Slip Tiles In A Changing Room in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
voltage2688
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks