Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Price Increases in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

C

Concrete guy

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Due to sustained pressure in exchange rates (US Dollar & Euro vs Pound) we'll be putting our prices up in the new year along with many other companies. We've held our prices as we held stock bought at a better exchange rate, but as we replenish this product it's now a good 20% more expensive.

FLEX Powertools have a scheduled price increase at some point in the early new year.

So if you had a potential purchase in mind, particularly a FLEX power tool now would be a good time to buy, they're only going to get more expensive.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Pound fluctuates all the time .
But the mrs is putting prices next year up as she imports from china , , its gone up 20% from last year as well :(

OP
R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

a little truth here the pound has not fallen 20% for a total of 10 minutes it went to 1.50 to the pound
it was trading at an avarage 1.42 to the pound through out the year so the real fall in value at this
time is 13% i expect the pound to settle at 1.32 to the pound about a 7% fall but the real value today
i have negotiated with my suppliers a 14%discount for a year with cash payments and we will review
this again in a year.so negotiate hard they need your business in these hard times to ats
if you cant get them to give you a discount get on that airplane face to face they will crack

OP
C

Concrete guy

Our prices were set when the Dollar Sterling rate was $1:65 a couple of years ago, it's now $1:24 and I can't see it increasing in the near future, in fact I wouldn't be surprised to see it stabilise even lower at $1:20 long term.

We've not had a price increase since. We've negoatiated a rate with our suppliers and it's unlikely our increases will be more than 10%, it depends on the item and the volumes.

The Flex prices aren't negotiable as these are fixed by the manufacturer and are as a direct result of BREXIT as these are manufactured in Germany and priced in Euro's.

OP
R

Our prices were set when the Dollar Sterling rate was $1:65 a couple of years ago, it's now $1:24 and I can't see it increasing in the near future, in fact I wouldn't be surprised to see it stabilise even lower at $1:20 long term.

We've not had a price increase since. We've negoatiated a rate with our suppliers and it's unlikely our increases will be more than 10%, it depends on the item and the volumes.

The Flex prices aren't negotiable as these are fixed by the manufacturer and are as a direct result of BREXIT as these are manufactured in Germany and priced in Euro's.
the euro has 7 mouths left we have now entered the end game .when Germany goes back to the mark
exspect a 60% increase as they wont be able to use the poverty of others to devalue
there goods .time to get in front and start looking for new suppliers .the end game is coming take a good look at whats happening in the world and move on .while there is still time

OP
S

stephenoneill

Have to say the Brexitresult vote is baffling .it's like shooting yourself in the foot.banks are moving on . everything is going to get dearer.i just don't see the positives

OP
R

Have to say the Brexitresult vote is baffling .it's like shooting yourself in the foot.banks are moving on . everything is going to get dearer.i just don't see the positives
things will only get dearer while we stay in the eu once out you will see big price falls why
we can rid our self s of eu anti dumping dutys on goods and food
which currently adds between 10 to 40% on the cost of living in the uk

why are BMW Mercedes Volkswagen to name a few 15 to 20% cheaper in the US even after 10 to 20%
import duty think about it .

will the bankers realy leave the uk and go to the EU with all there new and incoming regulations
ever tried to do banking in france after 1 oclock on a friday .banks will avoid risk at all cost
and the EU is the biggest risk in the world at the moment to the banking system .the odds of a
eu claps have more than doubled .

in less than 3 years the manufacturing base in the eu will be in free full with India taking over
they have aready this year spent billions of dollars on new production lines

the youth unemployment in the eu are a lie .they do not take into account all thoughs
that have left and are working in the US UK AUSTRALIA NEW ZEALAND and so on
who is going to rebuild these broken country's.in the eu .

www. world wide web .the day of the first click was the end of the EU the day it became a dinosaur

we need to think decades ahead not 1 or 2 years .

OP
S

stephenoneill

things will only get dearer while we stay in the eu once out you will see big price falls why
we can rid our self s of eu anti dumping dutys on goods and food
which currently adds between 10 to 40% on the cost of living in the uk

why are BMW Mercedes Volkswagen to name a few 15 to 20% cheaper in the US even after 10 to 20%
import duty think about it .

will the bankers realy leave the uk and go to the EU with all there new and incoming regulations
ever tried to do banking in france after 1 oclock on a friday .banks will avoid risk at all cost
and the EU is the biggest risk in the world at the moment to the banking system .the odds of a
eu claps have more than doubled .

in less than 3 years the manufacturing base in the eu will be in free full with India taking over
they have aready this year spent billions of dollars on new production lines

the youth unemployment in the eu are a lie .they do not take into account all thoughs
that have left and are working in the US UK AUSTRALIA NEW ZEALAND and so on
who is going to rebuild these broken country's.in the eu .

www. world wide web .the day of the first click was the end of the EU the day it became a dinosaur

we need to think decades ahead not 1 or 2 years .

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
That's the agenda of the 'stay' lot ray , ignore the long term and just concentrate on the few months after the vote :)
Plus ignoring the years of poverty we have had since being in the eu ! Not saying its the eu's fault we have had some very bad recessions in my life , but we have been in the eu nearly all my life :(
Im all for change and want a better GB, if it means me having to pay a few quid extra for my hols or tiles or cutting blades this year, im not arsed in the slightest :)

OP
S

stephenoneill

We hold the power here when it comes to businesses moving abroad to cut production costs.its us who buy these cheap imported goods .if we really cared we would buy goods made in our countries.and support jobs here.

Reply to Price Increases in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock