Discuss porcel thin tiles price to lay in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

dimitris11

hello guys and sorry for my english as well... im working like a tiler in greece for 15 years and now im in uk. the reason why i post here is bcz i need to find prices to lay porcel thin tiles (1800x9000) and normal porcelain tiles. people tell me some prices but i feel better to ask in here for real prices. i know every area have diferent prices so i would like prices in liverpool for normal porcelain tiles plus a price for porcel-thin 1800x9000.thanks

D

dimitris11

hello mate and thanks for ur reply. yes i use them many times in greece. i have the tools and everything and my only problem is i go price a job next week and i have how much people charge for them here

D

dimitris11

yes thats right haha i apologise for that i use cm most of the time. i take ur advise and see where it takes me. thanks

L

LM

Obviously we don't discuss prices here but the only problem I have with @dimitris plight is that over here anyway 'tilers' from foreign lands came had the same dilema and ended up laying tiles for a day rate which they thought was good which resulted in tiles being fitted WAY too cheaply. Greedy builders latched on to these prices and it ended up driving down the rates in general across the commercial sector.
Nowadays with all the changes to our game in techniques and materials I don't think everybody out there appreciates fully the skills and knowledge required to thrive in our game. Most labourers could slap down a 20mtr kitchen floor in 300x300's, but when it comes to successfully installing the likes of Porcelthin or even plank tiles I'd like to see a fair bases of rates for our trade which reflects the ability.

H

hmtiling

One million euros per meter
Dr_ Evil Running Congress_.jpg

Reaction score
It's the overhead costs that push up the price. The cost of a decent straight cutter to cut tiles that size is currently over £2000. Some of the rail cutters are under £500, but you need two people to fix those tiles, and levelling clips are used by a lot of installers to ensure oversize tiles are lip page free. If the surface is not perfectly flat it's never going to be well fixed. All these costs add up.

Of course, some of the Tilers from Europe get away with using a handheld wheel to score and their knee to snap it. I cant compete with that kind of low price overhead - I simply don't have the skills to do a good job with those kind of tools.

But I am cheaper than Kyle, I should manage to do it for €9900 per square metre. :D

Reaction score
I had to enter the dark side and buy a 1200 Sigma cutter because I find myself installing everything from 800x800 to 1200x900. Fortunately the contractor who specifies these preps the rooms very flat and square. But I now find myself using levelling clips on these larger tiles to keep it as perfectly flat as possible. And that bumps my psm price up.

Simons70

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
When you quote must pay attention at the cost of tiles.
I quote for fit 3000x1200 porcel thin last year,I see the job,bathroom in a flat near to London Eye,6Th floor,tiles not delivered yet.The day when start I find the tiles outside,the delivery man wait me to pick them up.Never quote for pick up the tiles 6 floors on to intricate stairs and the first tile we try to go up was broken and we pay 534£ for have one more to complete the job.
''Hi Edward,

Please see attached the amount for the tile that was broken. We are
getting the tile to County Hall on Monday morning so it will be in the
flat for you to install on Saturday 17th.

Georgina''
On 25/08/2016, 09:42, "Matteo Catena" wrote:

>Dear Georgina,
>Thank you for the payment of £ 534.31 for your order 41765. Please find
>attached sales order confirmation and we will post you a copy with the
>receipt.
>Many thanks.

Last edited:

Reply to porcel thin tiles price to lay in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks