Discuss Polypipe Overlay System in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

dansk

Hi - im in need of some guidance.

As a person who installs underfloor heating - electric and wet - we get asked a lot to fit these systems often - to date ive done a few but over timber sub-floors so easy to screw down.

My question is - would we be better bonding these to the sub-floor with tile adhesive, this would give a firm bond - this is what we do with marmox boards when fitting an electric system - and secondly - because those boards are gypsum am i right in thinking a cement based adhesive would react and de-bond?

D

dansk

Im not sure which way to take your reply - but assuming your not adding anything to the debate its more on the sarcastic side?

Any thoughts on actually bonding overlay panels down with adhesive rather than just gluing the joints?

Reaction score
@dansk sorry wasnt meant to be sarcastic, just the question ive been asked quite a few times and ive not had it clarified.

to me it would make sense to use a gypsum based adhesive.

Reaction score
Morning chaps, just a quick one, ive lured polypipe into a conversation over on twitter with regards to installing tiles directly ontop.

just screen shot the chat, it started with me questioning if this floor was actually ready for tiling or not.

polypipe-chat-1.jpg
polypipe-chat-1.jpg

couldnt leave it there thou
polypipe-chat-3.jpg

am awaiting a response........ polypipe-chat-2.jpg

Reaction score
i still believe the best two ways of installing over this are:

Prime surface with TM Primeplus
Lay Decoupler/Anti fracture Mat (with either TM Ultimate or TM Setaflex)
Fix Tiles with TM Ulitmate or Setaflex
Grout with TM Grout 3000 with flexi master added

or

Level it with Tm Levelflex/rapid level 30
Fix Tiles with TM Ulitmate or Setaflex
Grout with TM Grout 3000 with flexi master added
Heres the later, levelled.
polypipe-levelled.jpg

J

J Sid

do TM recommend this method ? @Lee@TileTown
assuming the board are stuck down I use Ditra and tile as normal, I don't level under Ditra. I level the base floor first.

D

DavidP-TUFHS

An alternative option, which we have had tested by Instarmac (manufacturers of UltraTile adhesives) is to use our solid floor panel method. We use the same basic principal but with a few tweaks.

Here is a link to the install video which shows how it works - - if anyone has any questions about this or requires a bit more clarification on any specific issues let me know.
upload_2016-8-23_11-4-12.png

Reply to Polypipe Overlay System in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks