Discuss Polypipe (Fixed Overlay) UFH in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

Old Mod

so how many tilers work for poly pipe or any other wet uth company .so how have they gained there knoledge .how many diffrent tiles have they tested and adhesives decouplers .none would be my guess. leave it to the tile test dummys .next time ask for a copy of there test reports.on the tiles adhesive decouplers .they have tested .could be a long wait
Don't disagree Ray but without their instructions how can I cover myself!

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

Don't disagree Ray but without their instructions how can I cover myself!
you cant with them or with out them .but you do if you are working from there test results .if they have none .its a game of roulette .all you can then do is take pictures as you go along showing prouducts used with a time and date copy of news paper will do should match up to dates on job .

O

Old Mod

Well I always take extensive photographic evidence of everything I do as a matter of course Ray, so that's a good thing.
We are always the ones faced with the impossible, but I do everything I can to at least give myself half a chance, if it comes to a fight!
That's all I know how to do.
I'm completely self taught, not a single letter to my name, just my wits!

critch

TF
Reaction score
Hi guys thought I'd get involved in this debate. I've not posted on here for a few years. I've tiled over polypipe several times now in the last two years and I questioned it durability because at first it seemed like a floored product in the way of it being
A, a floating floor
B, the fact you where tiling straight onto plastic heat pipes that are routed to within 5mm of the bass of the boards.
None of it seemed right but I've always gone with 6mm Hardie overlay then Ditra over that regardless of the tile be it porcelain of natural.

O

Old Mod

Hi guys thought I'd get involved in this debate. I've not posted on here for a few years. I've tiled over polypipe several times now in the last two years and I questioned it durability because at first it seemed like a floored product in the way of it being
A, a floating floor
B, the fact you where tiling straight onto plastic heat pipes that are routed to within 5mm of the bass of the boards.
None of it seemed right but I've always gone with 6mm Hardie overlay then Ditra over that regardless of the tile be it porcelain of natural.
Thanks critch, thanks for getting involved again!
Do me a favour tho mate, don't wait another 5 years before you post again! haha

U

Uheat - Neil

Evening guys and girls,

Neen out in the van this evening, away with my thoughts and was pondering over a job I have coming up in 4-6 weeks time.

It's a bungalow that will have the UFH mentioned in the title over-layed on all floors. To be tiled in 600x400 honed and filled travertine.

Here's a link to the UFH system:

Overlay Underfloor Heating

What prep, if any would you do prior to fixing?
Good afternoon , we stock a range of under tile systems that would be ideal , and can give great discounts to forum members..Shop Online - Warm Water Underfloor Heating - Underfloor Heating Kits - uHeat - http://www.uheat.co.uk/underfloor-heating-kits/?sort=priceasc

Reply to Polypipe (Fixed Overlay) UFH in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks