Discuss Plastering courses close to preston ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

L

LM Ceramics

i did a 4 day plastering course at lancashire school of plastering and i could plaster after the course i suppose everyone has there opinions if you couldnt plaster after your course then i think its down to yourself, although when i did my course there were 2 plasterers there and the course was well laid out ive heard it is going down the pan abit.

i was lucky though now i advertise plastering aswell as tiling.

to be honest fekin LSP was the closest i could could find i think there was one in manchester

F

Fekin

Wow.

My original post is over a year old with no replies, untill now :lol:

pjtiler has hit the nail on the head anway, as now I have moved I now got a garage, and in the coming weeks im going to get a load of plasterboard in and errect a false wall setup and just practice.

G

GazTech

I have recently spent some time with the guys from LSP, and am going to commit to a programme to help fine tune things, they now have a new tiling trainer, and with the plastering side they wish to put the mistakes of past trainers behind them and earn a better reputation....Gaz

W

White Room

If someone wants to learn plastering surly a course is the best option, If practice is whats wanted afterwards then set yourself up a few boards then continue from there. I would'nt expect someone wanting to learn tiling to do a set up before a course, They would'nt have the basics, Which is what courses are all about.

F

Fekin

I ain't a total green novice to plastering as I do know quite a few bits already, but I just need the extra experiance.

L

LM Ceramics

id give that ago fekin just practice on plasteboard as long as your skim coat plaster mix is the right consistancy just spread on and keep going over with your trowel.

a good one fekin if you have some plasterboard to improve your finish give it a 2 coat skim it give a better finish

i heard that LSP is going down the pan abit gaz well according to pete anyway the plasterer who is still there taught me he is really good but ive heard he is struggling on his own as for the new tiling teacher i got told he did that tiling course there only a month before i wouldnt like to learn how to tile there

G

GazTech

id give that ago fekin just practice on plasteboard as long as your skim coat plaster mix is the right consistancy just spread on and keep going over with your trowel.

a good one fekin if you have some plasterboard to improve your finish give it a 2 coat skim it give a better finish

i heard that LSP is going down the pan a bit gaz well according to pete anyway the plasterer who is still there taught me he is really good but ive heard he is struggling on his own as for the new tiling teacher i got told he did that tiling course there only a month before i wouldnt like to learn how to tile there
I can tell you you are wrong. With Pete, to say they are going down the pan may be sour grapes, and the Tiling trainer Rick, was brought up with his fathers business, plastering and tiling. I have seen them in operation and they are putting the old reputation behind them. I will keep people informed on the progress.....Gaz

L

LM Ceramics

im sorry if i got it wrong i was saying what i heard i really enjoyed the plastering course in jan and hope they do well i would definetly say money well spent .

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Plastering courses close to preston ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks