Discuss Plasterboard 9.5mm weight in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

C

Chrisg

hello wondered if anyone could help please?
I have replaced bathroom studded wall with like for like 9.5mm plasterboard &absolutely overkilled with screws
Problem is i am a bit worried if large tiles will be OK on this wall
Any info would be gratefull thanks

connell

TF
Reaction score
Carry this about with me

IMG-20170217-WA0000.jpg

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
The skimmed weight has the weak point between the plaster and the board. Wouldn't matter if it's 25mm board it would still be 20kg (including adhesive and grout) total.

Not sure if the 32kg unskimmed is 9.5 or 12 though.

@Paul C. Is the guy who has most recently studied BS he might know.

T

Tile Shop

The skimmed weight has the weak point between the plaster and the board. Wouldn't matter if it's 25mm board it would still be 20kg (including adhesive and grout) total.

Not sure if the 32kg unskimmed is 9.5 or 12 though.

@Paul C. Is the guy who has most recently studied BS he might know.

Its doesn't say. So I would think both will hold the same weight. One thing it does say though, is if screwed to a wooden frame, the thickness must be a minimum of 12.5mm.

T

Tile Shop

Its all in BS8212. you can only tile onto the 9.5 mm on drylined walls with dabs at no more than 450mm apart, but the 32kg's per sqm limit, applies to both the 9.5 and 12.5 boards.

So if its a stud wall, you have some rethinking to do, but would advise that something like Marmox, Deltaboard, Wedi etc would be your safest bet.

O

Old Mod

What centers are the studs set at?
You can overboard with backerboards, using tile adhesive and mechanical fixings.

C

Chrisg

Would have to check , I was thinking of going over the 9.5 with 6mm or 9.5mm again , it's a stud wall just seems a shame to have to go over it again ?
Was going to 12.5 it but just did like for like , my fault really

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
xx per m2,
not is Italian?
xx for sqm not is english?
confused...:(
It is the same mate.

Per meter squared = per M2
For square meter = for sqm

Same thing just different way of saying it.

Which is the Italian way?

10 sqm?

Reply to Plasterboard 9.5mm weight in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks