Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Pick up truck in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

J

Jonny carter

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi, just want to know if anyone uses a pick up truck instead of a van, and if there secure enough with canopy on.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Noticed this had no replies. Try this forum: Broken Link Removed

Few other threads over there too.

I had a VW Amarok - You could get hard tops with central locking just as secure as the main doors on a van. Checkout pegasus hard tops. They're awesome but pricey.

Last edited:
OP
J

Jonny carter

Noticed this had no replies. Try this forum: Broken Link Removed

Few other threads over there too.

I had a VW Amarok - You could get hard tops with central locking just as secure as the main doors on a van. Checkout pegasus hard tops. They're awesome but pricey.
Cheers, will have a look.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Q

Qwerty

I used to have a Navara. Great truck but just not enough space for a multi trader!!! I had the Armadillo roller cover but had to sucome to a van in the end. I do miss it :(

Image 08.03.2014 18.29.14 0923.jpeg

OP
C

Concrete guy

There are tax implications of pick up trucks if run through a business.

They used to be classed as commercial vehicles and taxed the same as a van but so many people bought them to run through companies that HMRC recategorised them as lifestyle vehicles and changed the taxation to the same as a private car.

So unless it's run as a pool vehicle and kept permanently at a place of business, never brought home and only used solely for business then it's expensive when it comes to BIK tax and you can only relcaim 50% of the VAT on purchase.

Stick to a van unless there's an overwhelming reason to have a pick up truck if you intend to run it though your business.

OP
J

Jonny carter

There are tax implications of pick up trucks if run through a business.

They used to be classed as commercial vehicles and taxed the same as a van but so many people bought them to run through companies that HMRC recategorised them as lifestyle vehicles and changed the taxation to the same as a private car.

So unless it's run as a pool vehicle and kept permanently at a place of business, never brought home and only used solely for business then it's expensive when it comes to BIK tax and you can only relcaim 50% of the VAT on purchase.

Stick to a van unless there's an overwhelming reason to have a pick up truck if you intend to run it though your business.
Thanks, have a ford connect ATM so thought it would be same for space with a canopy. Looking into it more and more I think a van is the best option.

Reply to Pick up truck in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock