Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Pebble mosaics - a first - ways to tile with pebble mosaics in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

andy8758

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Visited a commercial renovation project in Bath on Friday. The artist designer wants to tile the communal (male/female) customer toilet floor with pebble mosaics (its a seafood restaurant).

Never tiled using pebbles, but cannot see a problem until it comes to grouting...

But would you put a pebble floor in a toilet? Is that really going to be hygienic? And what about customers in high heels, after drinking a bottle of wine with their meal tottering across an uneven floor? The main contractor has doubts, even more so when I told her it will cost four times as much to tile!

PS. I stopped wearing high heels when drinking on a night out - too risky. o_O

H

hmtiling

Epoxy with pebbles would be enjoyable! Not to mention super pricey. If you go ahead heavily seal the grout or it'll look awful very quickly in a commercial toilet. I've done loads over the years and not a fan. The sheets don't tessalate very well so you end up stripping them and becomes time consuming.

D

Dumbo

I've not done pebbles but if I was going to do it I would be using an old skool type floor grout for grouting such as bal superflex wide joint .

O

Old Mod

Pebble mosaics are massive in the states Andy, especially for shower areas.
Some lay sheets and in fill the bad areas, but it seems that most strip them clean from the sheet.
Probably find some extra info on John Bridges site or the 'floor elf'
Never done them, wouldn't want to try either I don't think haha

F

Flintstone

I did a full shower area in pebble mosaics, they didn't fit together too well so ended cutting the mesh a lot to tweak them about. Think they got them from porcelanosa, they came with some expensive rapid setting grout

Reply to Pebble mosaics - a first - ways to tile with pebble mosaics in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock