Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Overboarding floor panels? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

I

Ingram

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi guys. Been to look at a job today. Upstairs bathroom & en suite. Looks like previous tiler has tiled straight onto those chip board floor panels and they're cracking all over. Blokes asked me to chop tiles up then get a joiner to overboard it. The question is what with? Any advice will be much appreciated. Cheers.

OP
F

Flintstone

if there's cracks all over its probably got a lot of deflection, over boarding isn't going to solve that problem. Best to take the tiles up and see what your dealing with.

OP
R

Rookery

Probably 6mm Hardie glued n screwed, once I'd had a butchers at the sub floor

OP
I

Ingram

Worsed case scenario get sub floor taken up and overboardrd with same thickness ply??

OP
R

Rookery

I prefer not to tile onto ply nor to a single layer. If the chipboard is in bad shape then I'd remove it, fix new 18mm ply or t & g chipboard then over-board with the Hardie as above.

OP
I

Ingram

Are the cement boards absolutely necessary ? As BAL reckon you can fix straight onto primed T&G Floor boards? Surely the 18mm ply is more rigid.

OP
D

Dumbo

You can't tile on to chipboard flooring
https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ manufacturers say you can but it fails most times . S2 https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ is no substitute for a badly prepared floor.

Reply to Overboarding floor panels? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock