Discuss Other countries tiling trends in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

F

Flintstone

I'm not sure how many of you are on instagram and alike but it's very apparent that in Australia and America they are big on there water proofing, and the use of mud? Im not totally sure what that is but they form floors and trays with it, and I see a lot of tiled ceilings in bathrooms which is something I've not seen over here, anyone done one like that?

F

Flintstone

Yeah they all go on about thin set, I assume that's there name for the same stuff we use over here

D

Dumbo

I believe they use the word mud like we use the word muck so therefore I believe it's screed . I have Tiled a ceiling in a steam room with green marble mosaics . Some other countries include waterproofing in the building regs or as the yanks like to call it code

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
F

Flintstone

I don't think mud is adhesive dan, as Antonio says they seem to create trays out of it, pat it down with the level almost like sand and cement!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry mate I'd edited my thread just after you'd posted. You're right.

Register to that forum lads. Reply to my thread. Get involved in showing them what's different over here.

I

Italy

I here, use sand and cement shower floor.
product rapid premixed, or normal drying, it depends on the waiting time.

F

Flintstone

And then what about water proofing? Do you not have pre formed trays over there ?

O

One Day

Mud fixing is sand and cement, maybe with aggregate in for bulking.
I've watched some good vids where they can build up very uneven floors using semi-dry mud and then tile adhesive onto the tiles, bedded into the mud with a rubber mallet.
Bit of a mix of old-school and new.

These ladies could do with a few lessons perhaps:

I

Italy

And then what about water proofing? Do you not have pre formed trays over there ?
nothing preformed, the procedure is the same as the screed, when dry, waterproofing as you do.
some clients do not trust you even waterproofing, then they place a stainless steel tray, before the screed.
We must also say that here, only 10% of the bathrooms, to shower tile floors, prefer ceramic shower, or fiberglass.
upload_2017-2-9_19-49-10.jpeg

upload_2017-2-9_19-49-37.jpeg

upload_2017-2-9_19-49-54.jpeg

Reply to Other countries tiling trends in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks