Discuss Opinion on a cl offset. 600x300 brick bond in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

stuey72

Firstly apologies for the hand drawn half scale drawings.

1/3 brick bond in a small bathroom, there's always going to be a compromise but can't decide what's the best way to go with it. The window hits you straight on as you walk into the room therfore IMO the tile centred around the window looks correct however leaves 40mm cuts which will reduce down to approx 25mm when the next wall is tiled.

Offsetting everything to the right by 75mm gives better looking cuts of 115mm LH and 150mm RH (I would want to offset it further) but the centre window tile is noticeably offset.

There is a vanity basin and vanity toilet to go against this wall but Im not sure that'll detract from the 75mm offset.

The only saving grace about doing it the first way is that the wall to the left of the thin cuts could have a full tile butting against the cuts to continue the brick bond at full length.

What is your opinion on this please?

Thanks

Stu

Q

Qwerty

How about a random brickbond layout? You could achieve everything you wanted that way? If not then I would go with the 115mm cut to the left personally

S

stuey72

Thanks for the reply, In the end I kept the tile central to the window but didn't lay them out as in the drawings. Each course above the tile fixed shunts 200mm to the right which gives a pattern repeat 3 courses above.

I'll upload a picture later,

Stu

Stevev

TF
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, In the end I kept the tile central to the window but didn't lay them out as in the drawings. Each course above the tile fixed shunts 200mm to the right which gives a pattern repeat 3 courses above.

I'll upload a picture later,

Stu
any chance of the pic??

T

Tilerdurden

Have you thought about pulling the wall down and rebuilding it the 115mm would easily be lost then?

Reply to Opinion on a cl offset. 600x300 brick bond in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks