Discuss Nvq Tiling Courses in the Tiling Courses - Tile Workshops area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

Tile Shop

After my first proper attempt before the xmas break, I grant you it wasn't great, but I quite enjoyed tiling.

I work in Customer Service with my main emphasis on specing, CADing tiling projects, answering technical queries and liaising with the more brainy technical departments of BAL, Schluter, Mapei blah-de-blah etc etc to name but a few.

I joined this forum to gain some extra knowledge but am now thinking that I should take this one step further. I've been promised by the bosses at W&F that I will spend time with an experienced tiler, go on training courses with our suppliers etc. But as of yet (through no fault of theirs) it hasn't yet been possible. So I'm going to fork out of my own pocket to go on a multi-weekend NVQ Tiling course and claim the money back (hopefully) and do it alongside my current job. Not only because it will help me in my current role, but also opens up more possibilities and maybe a new career later in the future.

So I'm reaching out to people who have done these courses before or anyone who has any knowledge of them, who can advise me how helpful these courses really are. I know I'll get a qualification at the end of it, but how much "real" experience will I gain? Is it like passing your driving test and then really learning to drive once you're out on your own? or are the courses enough on their own to get you started in a new career or help me to verbally advise people "how to"?

Also regarding the CSCS cards. The NVQ levels available are 2, 3 and 4+ and also grant you either a blue, gold or black card at the end. Whats the difference between the different level courses and the cards?

Any input gratefully received.

Reply to Nvq Tiling Courses in the Tiling Courses - Tile Workshops area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks