Discuss Normal diamond core bits for tiles ? in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

trogg

Hi, I'm about to buy some Marcrist core bits and was wondering if they would be suitable for using on tiles, if not what do you recommend ?

Ta

Q

Qwerty

As in wall core bits? Never tried it myself but would of thought they would be too aggressive and highly likely to chip

M

Matt Bott

If it's just for cutting tiles then these work great and come in m14 or drill bit not as expensive as machrist and mine have done 100s of holes already
Pro Tiler Diamond Hole Cutters (Dry Cut) M14 Fitting | Pro Tiler Tools - http://www.*******************/tiler-tool/8953/pro-tiler-diamond-hole-cutters-dry-cut-m14-fitting

O

Old Mod

If it's just for cutting tiles then these work great and come in m14 or drill bit not as expensive as machrist and mine have done 100s of holes already
Pro Tiler Diamond Hole Cutters (Dry Cut) M14 Fitting | Pro Tiler Tools - http://www.*******************/tiler-tool/8953/pro-tiler-diamond-hole-cutters-dry-cut-m14-fitting
They are a good price!

T

trogg

I should explain, I'm fitting a bathroom and need to cut new holes in the wall for the WC, bath and sink.
I can either cut the holes first and tile around them or tile the whole wall and then cut the holes, either way I need to buy some core bits.
Another way would be to cut the holes, tile the wall and then cut the tiles with a tile core bit or would one of those diamond cutters that you fit onto an angle grinder do to trick ?

Thanks for that link Matt, a lot cheaper than i thought.

M

Matt Bott

ok I've forgot the name 3fall will know its a triangle shape and goes on a drill i believe that would be a lot cheaper but I'm unsure on use as I've only seen someone use it on ceramics it would be the cheapest way as it will do any size hole you like in the tiles.

from experience you would drill the walls first put the pipes through then as you tile mark the pipe that sticks out on the tile then cut the hole and slide over.

i hope this helps the triangle tool will not leave as cleaner hole as it just gets bigger as you push it in and do it from both sides to try to keep as clean as possible.

M

Matt Bott

ah if its just for the screws then yeah i did my shower profiles through tiles and into block work with the original hole cutters i linked hope this helps any questions just ask .

M

Matt Bott

O

Old Mod

Product Usage:

The Genesis 830 73mm tri bore hole cutter is suitable for use with all standard power drills. It is ideal for cutting holes into ceramic tiles up to 73mm in diameter. It is not suitable for tiles made of porcelain or very hard materials. It features a dual sided Carbide edge.

Reaction score
Funny how the "old" tools come back into conversation. Still keep these in stock and sell through a few every year. Definitely a good bit of kit to have on board the van at all times. :) (not for porcelain!)

Reply to Normal diamond core bits for tiles ? in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
andymtl24
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks