Discuss Nicobond in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

dave l and l

anyone have any thoughts on nicobond adhesive...
usually use weber or bal . but i popped into nicobond the other day two see what there prices were like , i was going to be buying weber flexi with ad250 for a quartz floor, but the salesman in shop mentioned there adhesive with the enhancer which was pretty much admix. he said the adhesive was the equivalent of bal ptb.
prices were pretty good

D

dave l and l

i will have a look at weber guide tomorrow its in van. going to go with weber . its what i usually use so i trust it. and plus the data sheet link has put me of with the p v a chat,,,
the only reason i was considering it was prices ...,
i will maybe get some trims of them they were beating c t d on genesis

J

Just Rizzle

for quartz I would use tilemasters ultimate or ultra s2
don't think any s1 adddy is suitable for resin quartz tiles

Reaction score
Spot on Lee - we recommend using our Ultimate S2 and have done for many years - it works perfectly well.
Most companies do recommend using a 2 part latex based adhesive and again I have heard of no problems using this method.

J

Just Rizzle

So thats a no to fixing quartz with a latex base addy the ray :(
I don't fix quartz that often and have fix it in the past with an add mix , but since using tile masters ultimate with the last 2 quartz jobs ive done both with ufh I'm convinced that ultimate dose the job equally as well

Reply to Nicobond in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks