Discuss Next Project! in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hey guys! After tiling my bathroom and ensuite last year which would not have been possible without the fantastic advice and knowledge on this website I'm now planning to tile our back porch!

It's small less than 2 metres square and is currently vinyl tiles (ffs!)

I bought some 330mm ceramics from topps.

Questions!

After a few layers of different vinyls have been removed ( not yet!) Should I remove as much of glue as poss, make a slurry coat and then self level?

Reaction score
image.jpg
image.jpg

L

LM

Just use a good 2 part leveller, no need for a sorry coat, I take it it's a solid base, ie: screed or concrete?
Ultra Level It or the like would do the job

L

LM

http://m.NoLinksToThis/search.htm?s...oogle-_-Mapei - RLSA-_-Mapei - Brand-_- mapei

You should be able to get this ok, it'll cover 5 square metres at 3mm depth.
It'll do your job fine

Reaction score
OK thanks ive used mapei adhesive and grout before and thought it great to use but massive pain for me to get! 100 mile round trip! Needs must!

Reaction score
I've saw mapei products in n screwfix but could never find the things I was looking for. Screwfix would be handy, there's no latexplan on that link tho

Reaction score
I have a couple of local tile shops but they don't sell mapei etc.

I get confused very easily with acrylic primers/ SBR/ diff adhesives etc

Local shops sell Larson and Dunlop adhesives and arc highbuild self level

Reaction score
I got this at the weekend from the local shop to build up a floor where the fireplace hearth was removed and the floor was low.

This was a mix with water only, the floor was going to be laminated flooring so wasn't as worried tbh

Would it be suitable for the porch before tiling?

T

Time's Ran Out

If the floor was good enough for vinyl why are you thinking of a self levelling compound?

Reaction score
Too try and kill the vinyl adhesive that I can't remove easily. From past experience I had a nitemare with it and was hoping self level would be an easy solution to that

Reply to Next Project! in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks