Discuss Newbe in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Ricky

TF
Reaction score
Hi all I currently fit out bathrooms and tile them myself. But I have a big job in my own house that I want to do my self for the satisfaction to say I done that. Im after some advice as its a big area and hope you all can help me.

Any help much appreciated. I am currently doin up a house and have knocked thru my lounge and diner into one. All the floor boards have been chopped about from previous re wire and heating install so I have chose to take up all floor boards and replace with 18mm ply. I'm going to put durabase ci++ matting overt the top of that and tile with 600mm x 600mm porcelain tiles.
What I would like to no is what is best method to stick the durabase matting down with correct me if I'm wrong, I'm thinking a flexible adhesive. Also would I use a flexible adhesive on the matting for the tiles?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to tilersforums.com :) Thanks for posting in The Welcome Forum. Head over to the main Tiling Forum if you'd like to ask any questions. Feel free to head over to any of the more applicable forum categories if one is more suitable.

Reply to Newbe in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks