Discuss New wetroom build in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

G

Graham Morgan

Hi all,
Just joined up to get some advice and make sure I've got it all right.
I'm now in the process of changing to a wetroom, just waiting for the plasterer to finish before I dig up the concrete floor to position the drains and fit a gully for the wet area of the room. I plan to then re concrete it and layout the fall to the drain ready to tile with mosaics. Should I use latex self leveller before I tank the room or will it be ok?( I had planned to but just checking). Also any preferences between Mapei aqua defence or Everbuild aquaseal?
Cheers☺

G

Graham Morgan

No not yet, wet area will be 1200mm by 800mm so gonna put drain in middle, fall 1:60 so 10mm lower and use concrete to create falls, maybe latex self leveller if I don't get it smooth enough

W

White Room

Your trying for falls, self levelling is what it is for levelling out unless your prepared to work like the clappers, adhesive would give you more time.

G

Graham Morgan

sorry forget to say I had read somewhere about using builders sand to thicken it to help it.
Ive not decided what to do yet just trying to get ideas so I know what im getting into, tile adhesive sounds good tho. :)

G

Graham Morgan

I had thought of that but budget is too low for a former now, I'm confident I can get levels correct and decided to screed floor now and use a mcalpine gully

Reply to New wetroom build in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks