Discuss New tools or gadgets in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I would like the plug saw my self I've bin told by a carpenter I know not to get the festool tho its to flimsy and made of plastic inside and my cordless circular saw has a plate to fit a rail and u can plunge with it if ur carful

O

Old Mod

and u can plunge with it if ur carful

:p Sounds like a little bit of a disaster waiting to happen. Esp if it's not a tool you use everyday like a joiner would.
In the same way we use a grinder in ways others wouldn't dare.

Ohhhh! A plunge saw! Haha
Well I'm not a joiner, some of you may know this,
but I have the ts55 festool PLUG saw, and it's brilliant.
Everything I've used it for has been cut perfectly and to the mm. It makes light work of any piece I put it to.
However it's only used occasionally so it's not roughhoused at all, but every joiner I've seen with one swears by it.
Your mates not a shuttering chippie is he? :p:p
That's a joke Kyle!:)

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I've got the festool, amazing bit of kit, as 3fall said, every chippy I know swears by the festool and I can see why,

Reaction score
New cutters arrived today I've eventually made the move, I've wanted too do it for years Just need to get used to them now
IMG_7244.JPG

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
:p Sounds like a little bit of a disaster waiting to happen. Esp if it's not a tool you use everyday like a joiner would.
In the same way we use a grinder in ways others wouldn't dare.

Ohhhh! A plunge saw! Haha
Well I'm not a joiner, some of you may know this,
but I have the ts55 festool PLUG saw, and it's brilliant.
Everything I've used it for
New cutters arrived today I've eventually made the move, I've wanted too do it for years Just need to get used to them now View attachment 88382
Smoking is really bad for you

J

J Sid

Next time I have to ask a client the thickness of his tiles or door frame to be fitted, I'm gonna pull out my own bloody micrometer now and check myself!

Aldi £8 including spare battery and 3 yr warranty and really well made and robust! :D

View attachment 88375
got one of them, never been out the box. Wonder if battery still works

Reply to New tools or gadgets in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks