Discuss New Rubi magnet cutter in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

G

GoneGuy

has anyone on here got a Rubi magnet cutter? I'm looking to get Rubi tr600 magnet but a Rubi Rep has recommended I get the tr710 magnet as the tr600 you can only just get a 600tile in it?
Just looking for some advice before I buy a new cutter.

OP
D

Dumbo

has anyone on here got a Rubi magnet cutter? I'm looking to get Rubi tr600 magnet but a Rubi Rep has recommended I get the tr710 magnet as the tr600 you can only just get a 600tile in it?
Just looking for some advice before I buy a new cutter.
I don't know if it any better than the tr600 I had but I gave it away and got to tx 700 which incidentally I just sold and a sigma 3c3m

OP
G

GoneGuy

As soon as I get one I will post up my review.
It's got to better than my genesis cutter haha

Kyle Knowles

TF
Supporter
Arms
Reaction score
I've bin looking at a montolit cutter recently there so red and enticing and the few videos I've seen they can cut some real small pieces

OP
I

Italy

Thanks for the info
I would have another thing to say ...
Every cut you make at 45 °,
you have to fix the red bracket,
Because the rear metric bar is not as sigma.
Has a different metric scale,
It's been like that forever, and I do not understand why they do not change the system.
sin, because they are good cutter.
tagliapiastrelle-masterpiuma-p3-montolit.jpg

OP
D

Dumbo

Sorry to start the old Rubi sigma debate, I was hoping there might be one more person than me that uses Rubi haha
I've used both . Ts40 ts 60 ts40 plus tr600 tx700 tx900 and now I got sigma because having used both IMHO I think sigma is better for me .

OP
D

Dumbo

I would have another thing to say ...
Every cut you make at 45 °,
you have to fix the red bracket,
Because the rear metric bar is not as sigma.
Has a different metric scale,
It's been like that forever, and I do not understand why they do not change the system.
sin, because they are good cutter.
tagliapiastrelle-masterpiuma-p3-montolit.jpg
I also got a monti and I did like the fact that red measure stop could flick up out the way for different length cuts. .....Until it broke. Also nowhere near south smooth as the sigma's.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
D

Dumbo

@Adey1980 just had a look at this cutter in Google images look very similar to the tr600 I had . If you are dead set on a rubi get yourself a tx 700 it's an altogether better piece of kit especially for modern porcelain tiles also I find I do a few 660 x330 which the tr would be no good for

llevram

TF
Reaction score
I've only ever used Rubi cutters mainly, few times used montolit. You just can't beat the two rails on a rubi for accuracy point to point so I'm also interested to hear from someone who's used the new Rubi tr magnet. Cheers

llevram

TF
Reaction score
This whole forum seems to buzz for sigma. I can't say much as I've never used one but I've used montolit, which was very good but poor for accuracy. Surely sigma will be the same for accuracy as a montolit :fearscream:

OP
D

Dumbo

This whole forum seems to buzz for sigma. I can't say much as I've never used one but I've used montolit, which was very good but poor for accuracy. Surely sigma will be the same for accuracy as a montolit :fearscream:
Depends who is using it .

OP
L

LM

Ok so what's sigma equivalent to a rubi ts60/66 plus?
If you are going to be working with 600's regularly I'd recommend one of these
Sigma 3C3M MAX Professional Tile Cutter 72cm | Buy Sigma Series 3 MAX Tile Cutters Online from Pro Tiler Tools - http://www.*******************/sigma-series-3-max-tile-cutters/35125/sigma-3c3m-max-professional-tile-cutter-72cm
This machine will handle nearly anything you can throw at it within reason, the extra cutting length is really useful with raked cuts.
There is simply no comparison to it and any Rubi equivalent.
As for precision, well what can I say? Try one and see!
For the purist amongst us there are interchangeable handles to suit different preferences for various scenarios like speed of cuts etc.
I started with Rubi and thankfully was very quickly introduced to Sigma. I've never met anyone who has genuinely used both that doesn't prefer Sigma, it's a no contest imo!

OP
L

LM

As for Montolit I've never used one and won't bother wasting my time doing so because one of our most trusted advisers @antonio has in the past used them and critiqued them extensively and ended up throwing them in the sea lol and on his recommendation that's good enough for me!

llevram

TF
Reaction score
I think these multi million pound tile tool company's like sigma and Rubi souls allow people to try before you buy. I don't even know a shop that sells sigma let alone anyone who owns one I could test out

Kyle Knowles

TF
Supporter
Arms
Reaction score
It's not the machine that's poor for accuracy u must of not lined the tile up correctly

OP
O

Old Mod

Slowly getting convinced to converting to sigma

You should get the Sigma Adey, I, like Harry, used Rubi for many years, would never go back.

I think I still have a TR600 propping up a storage box in my shed somewhere, and that's as much use as it will ever get now unless I give it away.

OP
I

Italy

As for Montolit I've never used one and won't bother wasting my time doing so because one of our most trusted advisers @antonio has in the past used them and critiqued them extensively and ended up throwing them in the sea lol and on his recommendation that's good enough for me!
Lee,I never said, montolit no good. Only problem of 45 ° measurements.
For the rest, it could also be better than sigma.
And do not talk too well of me. Otherwise I get red. :oops:

OP
D

Dumbo

You should get the Sigma Adey, I, like Harry, used Rubi for many years, would never go back.

I think I still have a TR600 propping up a storage box in my shed somewhere, and that's as much use as it will ever get now unless I give it away.
As I said I gave mine away totally inadequate for what is was doing .

Reply to New Rubi magnet cutter in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Replies you've not seen

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dazzer