Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss New Rubi magnet cutter in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

G

GoneGuy

Please checkout the following advertisement.
has anyone on here got a Rubi magnet cutter? I'm looking to get Rubi tr600 magnet but a Rubi Rep has recommended I get the tr710 magnet as the tr600 you can only just get a 600tile in it?
Just looking for some advice before I buy a new cutter.

OP
D

Dumbo

has anyone on here got a Rubi magnet cutter? I'm looking to get Rubi tr600 magnet but a Rubi Rep has recommended I get the tr710 magnet as the tr600 you can only just get a 600tile in it?
Just looking for some advice before I buy a new cutter.
I don't know if it any better than the tr600 I had but I gave it away and got to tx 700 which incidentally I just sold and a sigma 3c3m

OP
G

GoneGuy

As soon as I get one I will post up my review.
It's got to better than my genesis cutter haha

Kyle Knowles

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I've bin looking at a montolit cutter recently there so red and enticing and the few videos I've seen they can cut some real small pieces

OP
I

Italy

Thanks for the info
I would have another thing to say ...
Every cut you make at 45 °,
you have to fix the red bracket,
Because the rear metric bar is not as sigma.
Has a different metric scale,
It's been like that forever, and I do not understand why they do not change the system.
sin, because they are good cutter.
tagliapiastrelle-masterpiuma-p3-montolit.jpg

OP
D

Dumbo

Sorry to start the old Rubi sigma debate, I was hoping there might be one more person than me that uses Rubi haha
I've used both . Ts40 ts 60 ts40 plus tr600 tx700 tx900 and now I got sigma because having used both IMHO I think sigma is better for me .

OP
D

Dumbo

I would have another thing to say ...
Every cut you make at 45 °,
you have to fix the red bracket,
Because the rear metric bar is not as sigma.
Has a different metric scale,
It's been like that forever, and I do not understand why they do not change the system.
sin, because they are good cutter.
tagliapiastrelle-masterpiuma-p3-montolit.jpg
I also got a monti and I did like the fact that red measure stop could flick up out the way for different length cuts. .....Until it broke. Also nowhere near south smooth as the sigma's.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
D

Dumbo

@Adey1980 just had a look at this cutter in Google images look very similar to the tr600 I had . If you are dead set on a rubi get yourself a tx 700 it's an altogether better piece of kit especially for modern porcelain tiles also I find I do a few 660 x330 which the tr would be no good for

Reply to New Rubi magnet cutter in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock