Discuss New posts button is too far to the right in the Suggestion Box area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

F

Flintstone

is no longer easily on view on the main screen which was perfect place for it, you now have to go into a menue to find it! Any reason? That was the main button I used when logging on

Upvote 0
F

Flintstone

That's better now there's less forums, we just need the new posts button to be prominent now without having to go into a drop down menu to find it, perhaps switch it with watched forums, which surely no body uses!

O

Old Mod

I've also hidden a lot of the forums you've mentioned. So the ones left now should just be the main ones.
Hiding forums I think is counter productive.
Certainly for me! Haha
All I end up with is PM's saying
"where's this, where's that?" :p
And I personally don't see the problem with hundreds of individual forums. In fact it can make it easier to find more specific threads if the search doesn't bring back what you need.
And keeping with the latest posts couldn't be any simpler. Use the new post or recent post page.
Everything is listed chronologically.
How could you miss anything?
So streamlining forums, for me is going backwards.

O

Old Mod

That's better now there's less forums, we just need the new posts button to be prominent now without having to go into a drop down menu to find it, perhaps switch it with watched forums, which surely no body uses!
Course not Andy, cos everyone uses the forum the same way you do! Hahahahaha :p:p

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

I've moved it over to the left, on both the Home tab and the Forums tab. If it hasn't moved for you it might be your cache needs erasing in your web browser. Or it might be the responsive design on the forum puts it back to the right when it's in a phone kinda size. I'll have to take a look on my phone and test in a bit.

Hiding forums I think is counter productive.
Certainly for me! Haha
All I end up with is PM's saying
"where's this, where's that?" :p
And I personally don't see the problem with hundreds of individual forums. In fact it can make it easier to find more specific threads if the search doesn't bring back what you need.
And keeping with the latest posts couldn't be any simpler. Use the new post or recent post page.
Everything is listed chronologically.
How could you miss anything?
So streamlining forums, for me is going backwards.

I've only hidden the 'other trades' and 'NZ / Aus' forums. Nobody regularly posts in there and all the threads from in those forums I'll move to general chat or something when I have a bit more time.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Everybody these days seems to hit the new posts button and nothing else. Gone are the days of actually browsing through the forums lol

F

Flintstone

Always on iPhone, and I just come on and first click on alerts if there are any there, then I click new posts button and view any new threads or new posts I want to see, that's it, I think that coveters everything there is to see

O

Old Mod

Always on iPhone, and I just come on and first click on alerts if there are any there, then I click new posts button and view any new threads or new posts I want to see, that's it, I think that coveters everything there is to see
Ok, yep like most regulars.
So how come the number of forums bother you so much?

F

Flintstone

They don't really bother me, but the whole feeling was a little cluttered and that was just one part that I thought could be cleaned up a bit.

O

Old Mod

Don't like that overlayed menu button
@Dan, ewwwwww!
Just leave new posts there, and everything else in the drop down next to it on the menu bar.
Andy will be made up then! :D:p

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Weird. On my iPad if you're in portrait the New Posts button is hidden over to the right, but landscape it jumps over to the left pmsl

I give up for now.

T

Time's Ran Out

I think all these changes are great!
It keeps the mind active trying to work out what the hell has happened , is life worth this stress and should I just go a spend some pension money on a book.

Reply to New posts button is too far to the right in the Suggestion Box area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks