Discuss New levels in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

B

Bill

I use a Bosch laser level and the extendable pole, few years old but works fine.
When it comes to spirit levels i just get the drop forge sets when needed when on offer at screwdix, all ways check them for level, and allways get the 90cm level seperately.
They allways get covered in addy and after a while are hard to read.
Buy cheap and often in my opinion.
why not just clean them when adhesive gets on the levels?

T

Time's Ran Out

why not just clean them when adhesive gets on the levels?

We all start with good intentions but I have a yard full of levels that have seen better days. Fixing with sand and cement you never had a problem but these days of ultra stick/fast set adhesives mean that the gradual build up happens quicker than previously.

B

Bill

We all start with good intentions but I have a yard full of levels that have seen better days. Fixing with sand and cement you never had a problem but these days of ultra stick/fast set adhesives mean that the gradual build up happens quicker than previously.
A 2 second rinse sorts it. No excuses.

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I'm one for cleaning my levels personally I can't be doing with the bubble getting covered in addy and clean tools lead to a clean job

Fraser Tiling

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
I'm one for cleaning my levels personally I can't be doing with the bubble getting covered in addy and clean tools lead to a clean job
Fair point, I also clean mine, but leads to scratches that embed dirt, and the time spent being over clean out weighs the cost of shiny new ones.
If a level reads level, whether its yellow or red it still does the same job.

D

Dumbo

Due to my recent moment of stupidity I'm in need of some new levels I've just ordered a set of stabila ones 600 1200 1800 for £80 but ill need another set who's uses what ?
I like the stabilas because where they are smooth they are easy to clean of adhesive

Fraser Tiling

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
I like the stabilas because where they are smooth they are easy to clean of adhesive
Stabila box levels? Bit pony in my opinion. Always buy a milled edge level.
A bubble that fills the guide marks leaves less room for error, just check every vial accurately and mark any discrepancies clearly next to the vial that is innacurate.
I find the 600mm level in a 4 pc level set is usually the most accurate and will often second check by holding it on another level to double check.
As I said previously, buy cheap, and buy often, use a laser and keep your pencil sharp.

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I have to admit the fat max ones felt more substantial than these stabila ones ill probably go for another set of the fatmax or a set of them fancy stabila ones with the red grips they loon nice just a shame about no carry case

F

Flintstone

I'm in the market for some new levels, I'm not sure about heavy ones, I've always used the stabila box levels and liked them, I once borrowed a fat max and it was v heavy and because of the rubber bits on it, it didn't sit on the wall on its side very flat

F

Flintstone

I was for a bit but decided not to as I don't do massive floors and I'm happy with using spirit level in bathrooms and working to a physicaly marked line

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
The main thing putting me off is being known as the REMOVED with the digital level lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I was on the plasterers 1 stop shop looking at straight edges and found they do a 3m level for about £50 which is very reasonable

Reply to New levels in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks