Discuss Need matching tiles in the For-sale and Wanted area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

Time's Ran Out

The person who is doing the job should be aware that this is a full strip out of the floor. Anything less and you are completely wasting your money. You would be better leaving it till you can budget for a tanked installation or low level tray as what you have is neither.
Get someone in to inspect/estimate for doing this work as this is NOT just replacing a few matching tiles!

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I know it's morning, so I could be still asleep, I can't figure out what I'm looking at in pic 2 , is it the tray area?
Have you a few pics of the room :)

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
You may still be asleep Craig, I think it's pic 3 that is the floor, a wider view of shower area would help

S

Ska

IMG_3249.JPG
Everyone so far has said no need to strip the whole floor, and adhesive is not applied properly and grouting is in bad shape so need fixing.

T

Time's Ran Out

Ok take the door, step and tiles out inside and put a tray in. It's not a 'wet' room just a bodge job of an impractical situation . If water has gone through that it's going to be an ongoing design flaw.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
As TJ says that is the cheapest most practical solution, this looks like a job that was doomed to fail from day one

Reply to Need matching tiles in the For-sale and Wanted area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks