Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Need Advice On 100 Metric Tonnes of Glass Mosaic Tiles! in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

S

SaintLeo

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hello,

I've got a bit of an unusual enquiry that I'm hoping someone on here can help with.

Some family friends of mine recently took possession of a farm property on the continent, as part of an inheritance, and what came with it was about 100 metric tonnes of what they believe to be Glass Mosaic Tiles in over 15 different colours. Picture is attached.

Now like me, they don't know the first thing about tiles, but we're thinking tiles in this sort of volume must be worth something to someone and should have a commercial value.

So, here is my enquiry.

1. Are these really glass mosaic tiles?
2. Does anyone know what they could be worth or if not how they can find out?
3. What sort of businesses can they talk to in the UK that will be interested in taking these tiles off their hands?

Any helpful contributions will be very much appreciated.

Thanks

mosaic tiles.jpg

OP
N

NZ_Tiler

Hi, yes they are glass mosaics.

That is a lot.

Maybe a company like this?

If you look on the alibaba website you might find them. (Found them) US$1-$6 kg

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
T

Tile Shop

You find places like prisons, schools and art colleges use this sort of stuff all the time. Making muriels and crazy looking mosaic designs for whatever reason. So theres a few places to start.

Doubt very much they'd need the quantity you have or even pay much for what they'd take, but could be worth asking if they'd be interesred.

OP
T

Tile Shop

A picture of said mountain would be awesome. Can then show a few people to see if there is any interest?

OP
M

MTiler

Mosaic artists buy mosaics loose, there are several shops that sell them, such as Mosaic Trader. They may take them off your hands. Their website will give you an idea of value. They can be sold as mixed bags or in colour sets. Might also be worth contacting BAMM, plenty of mosaic artists would be interested.

OP
S

SaintLeo

Thanks for all your thoughts so far. I shall be following up as required.

At least I now know that the tiles are loose mosaics without a mesh backing :)

The tiles are packed in crates containing individual colours, so they're not mixed.

Ideally, they will prefer to deal with someone that can take the whole lot, as the space the tiles are occupying is needed for something else.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
When I worked for topps many moons ago we had jars of mixed mosaics just like those and they took years to sell because people would just buy 20 or so at a time or enough for a table top or something. I got sick of counting them annually during stock takes so sold thousands for ÂŁ1 as long as they took them away that day and somebody took the lot thank God.

Sell the lot as a job lot quickly else they'll just keep being handed down every time somebody else passes away.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, yes they are glass mosaics.

That is a lot.

Maybe a company like this?

If you look on the alibaba website you might find them. (Found them) US$1-$6 kg

God help us when robots can build robots that fast.

Doozy

TF
Reaction score
Without knowing the size it's hard to say 100%, but at a glance they look like the type which come paper backed, not mesh

Reply to Need Advice On 100 Metric Tonnes of Glass Mosaic Tiles! in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock