Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Need a new grinder blade. in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

J

J Sid

We'll have these in stock later this week in 115mm or 125mm.

The red one of this design recently tested by a few members. Although I think I asked for ours to be painted blue, I can't remember without checking in the office.
been using the test one every day and has handled everything I've tried with flying colours, and no sign of wearing down at all. If it ever does, I will be buying another:)

Q

Qwerty

In that case @ATSDiamondTools .....I will wait until you have stock and buy a couple of yours. Did you say yours is the equivalent of the green or red? & what is the difference between the two?

O

Old Mod

you saying we are not pro's anymore:(
s7812.gif

C

Concrete guy

In that case @ATSDiamondTools .....I will wait until you have stock and buy a couple of yours. Did you say yours is the equivalent of the green or red? & what is the difference between the two?

No idea as I'm not sure what the difference is between the green and red. It could simply be different diamond quality and content (which is usualy the difference between economy, standard, premium and super).

It could be something as simple as blades from different factories as this design won't be patented by one particular producer.

As we manufacture in relatively low volume we produce most of our blades at super level as the difference between economy and super can sometimes be as little as US$ 3.00. So if we're ordering a production run of 1000 pieces it's not a massive expense.

However someone like Bosch buy in production runs of around 1 to 5 million pieces at a time, so it can be a substantial amount of money. So that's why some of the big brands don't perform as you would expect.

Companies like Montolit or Marcrist are just bigger versions of us, they run (relatively) small prodction runs when compared to Bosch or Dewalt etc, so they can produce a higher quality blade without a massive capital outlay.

T

Time's Ran Out

I ended up getting the Akumax from CTD.

Always nice when part timers update their threads! Too many holidays, too much time with grandchildren, too much drink and too much excitement with Haway the Lads!
Not enough forum time - you need to get a life!

O

One Day

I used mine to cut some urban cement (Johnson's ceramics from b&q) yesterday, soft white biscuit. The blade was pants!
Cuts porcelain brilliantly but it's rubbish on ceramics.

Reply to Need a new grinder blade. in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock