Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss my wetroom in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

T

Time's Ran Out

Please checkout the following advertisement.
At least you'll have plenty of grip!

OP
A

Ajax123

TF
Arms
Reaction score
3 coats of sealer applied.... worked till 10 past 1 this morning... grout float now at the ready...

OP
A

Ajax123

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Ok..so the tiles are in and the sealer on. the tiles are quite uneven due to varying tile depths and the actual natural slate texture. They will be a nightmare to clean I think but that will be up to the mrs as she chose them. Anyway. I could do with some advice if possible about the best way to get the grout onto the tiles then cleaned up to give me the best possible look .... I am using mapei grey flexible grout and a PVC BAL grout float. Im just off out to buy a sponge and a couple of new buckets....

T

Time's Ran Out

Just grout float it into the joint individually by line. Let it take up a bit (dry in joint) then wash off with rung out sponge.

OP
A

Ajax123

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Thanks TJ. Was all finished yesterday mate. It wasn't as uneven as I had thought so wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be and the three coats of sealer pre grouting helped enormously. Had a bit of trouble with grout haze but a bit of heavy duty cleaner sorted that out.

Sadly I have made a bit of a mess of the sealant at the floor to wall junction. Used MS polymer rather than regular silicone and it seems to do the job.

Not quite sure how to put that right yet but will think of something. another coat of sealer went on last night and when its all dried out (Had the first shower in it this evening) I shall put another coat on.

Spent several hours trying to figure out why the shower pump kept pulsating... turned out it was the flow restrictor not allowing the water through quick enough. so took it out and it seems fine now. This particular bathroom refurb/rebuild has been a big fat nightmare but its almost compete now so I will post some pics later.

Reply to my wetroom in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock